Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FYI - Dangerous Algae Bloom at Lake Shasta

SCMike

Bummer!  Good news is, Shasta is a large lake, with many other great options.  Pit arm was always my favorite though. I'm sure you will still have a great time.  

We have a handful of lakes that seem to get the algae every year around Kansas. I heard a couple of dogs died because they drank the water. Not something to mess with! 

Thanks for the warning   We are heading for Shasta on the 30th.   I never go up the Pit River.  Too many trees.  Fisherman may have a problem.  Going to stay on the McCloud arm most of the time.  Water flows through year round.   

16 hours ago, mrnate450r said:

We have a handful of lakes that seem to get the algae every year around Kansas. I heard a couple of dogs died because they drank the water. Not something to mess with! 

I just moved to Kansas what lakes should I watch out for??

Just now, Ottomatic said:

Overland Park area

Smithville had some blue green algae last year but that is the only time I recall hearing of it in the lakes right around KC.