Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Maker piggy back Help

SnubNose

I bought the piggy back setup from wakemakers for my 2012 mxz with two 600 lb sumo sac for the rear lockers. I have been having trouble getting the bag and the hard tank full. Does the piggy back system fill the hard tank first then overflow to the sac or vice versa? I am noticing my sac is full and it looks like alot of air also (which i purge out but still seems bloated) yet my hard tank reading isnt full. I didnt install the system my dealer did so maybe it was installed wrong? Also my MXZ has 4 engine plastic dividers. I bought the panel saver bars from wake makers an placed one bar are each panel but they still popped. Would you recommend 2 or 3 bars for each panel? 

On another note with my setup and the Delta Surf Tab I have a pretty decent wave, but i think my rear tanks are not getting full. 

3 bars per panel,

Yes, fills hard tank then over flows to the p o. the MLS system doesn't know you have piggy back bags, you may have to hit the fill button again to keep it filling.

my 2014 has a valve , you have to open it to fill the bags

28 minutes ago, Stevo said:

3 bars per panel,

Yes, fills hard tank then over flows to the p o. the MLS system doesn't know you have piggy back bags, you may have to hit the fill button again to keep it filling.

my 2014 has a valve , you have to open it to fill the bags

I do not think that is the case with my system. I felt the bag and the water was being pumped into the bag today... Is my piggy back system hooked up wrong?

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

mine fills through the pnp into the hard tank until the hard tank is full , then the bag fills

Mine is a piggy back system not PnP. So bag fills up then hard tank so it drains into hard tank. Does anyone know a solution?

1 hour ago, Stevo said:
1 hour ago, Stevo said:

It should fill the bag first, then the hard tank.  My system always reads accurately.  I check the lockers periodically through the fill up to ensure that things are full.  Even if they overfilled, I have a vent line that goes to the drain thru-hull. 

41 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

It should fill the bag first, then the hard tank.  My system always reads accurately.  I check the lockers periodically through the fill up to ensure that things are full.  Even if they overfilled, I have a vent line that goes to the drain thru-hull. 

Mine has vent line as well but it still gets full of air somehow and doesn't fill hard tank 

Check your drain line for kinks.  If it fills from the bag first, it should run down the drain line into the hard tank.  I had an issue with the port bag kinking the drain line under pressure, which would cause the bags to stay full when I would empty them. 

Just now, saxton15 said:

Check your drain line for kinks.  If it fills from the bag first, it should run down the drain line into the hard tank.  I had an issue with the port bag kinking the drain line under pressure, which would cause the bags to stay full when I would empty them. 

I checked the drain lines and they are not kicked. I've seen in other threads guys put life jackets or 2x4 wood under the fat sac to raise it above the drain line so that gravity has to act. This seems like a good idea but my 600 sacs are already cramped in my mxz and lifting them would put a lot of pressure on them. I was thinking of just adding a Y pipe for the fill hose and run the Y 1 to the fat sack and Y 2 to the hard tank so they both fill together rather than gravity fill. But then they can gravity drain still. Also adding a valve to the Y 1 to the sac so I can turn that off and just fill hard tank for boarding. Thoughts ?