Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ramp chaos

oldjeep

Went out this morning and was surprised how packed the ramp parking lot was until I looked closer, 50% ranger trailers - must be a fishing contest today. No issues putting in, got our skiing and boarding in with no major issues. Taught my daughters friend to board, she was up in 2 tries. Good lunch at maynards and some relaxing at anchor.

Then we head back to the launch for about 45 minutes of "fun". Apparently the fish weigh in was at the park launch, so there are bass boats tied everywhere clogging the launch docks. At first I thought they were all leaving and figured, these guys load and go quick so it'll be clear in ten minutes. Nope, meanwhile about a dozen other boats are trying to figure out how to do drop offs with the docks being used as parking lots. Eventually my wife noses the end of a dock so I can jump off while there are some young gentlemen deciding that 50 Ft off the launch was an awesome place to surf. Wife kept her cool and retreated far offshore to wait until I got the truck. Apparently 4:30 was when another dozen people decided it was time to get on the lake. If I had a video camera you would be watching all sorts of launch follies. A guy backing a 28 Ft off a trailer with a rope and trying to manhandle it around the dock with one rope. A beautiful new Malibu trying to powerload to the bow stop - forward/back/repeat rather than just hook and crank. I thought they were going to mangle a prop on the trailer for sure. We were all pretty happy to get the boat on the trailer and get out of there. Weird, holiday weekends have been pretty mello. Today was just crazy.

• 1 year later...

Lol...I have picked them up and set them back down straight before but never carried it into the water...

It can be tough backing a single axle small jet ski trailer when the tow vehicle is too big to see it.

Edited by DUKENO1

Best I've seen is a pick up back to the launch, two guys get out and pull the PWC trailer out of the back of the truck and drop it in the water and connect it. Pull the PWC on and off they go. It was about half the time it took most other PWC trailers to back in. Those little short trailers are tough.