Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Checking engine oil

skylerchamblee

Our 08 lsv is throwing a code about oil pressure below threshold. The pressure goes from 40-50 psi when throttle to 0 when you get off throttle. Then it has pressure when at idol. Dipstick looks fine just curious is if it might just be sensor related. Is the oil pan pick up in the front or back of the pan. Could this be happening because the oil getting slushed front to back

6 hours ago, skylerchamblee said:

Our 08 lsv is throwing a code about oil pressure below threshold. The pressure goes from 40-50 psi when throttle to 0 when you get off throttle. Then it has pressure when at idol. Dipstick looks fine just curious is if it might just be sensor related. Is the oil pan pick up in the front or back of the pan. Could this be happening because the oil getting slushed front to back

What engine? if it is the hammerhead they are known for oil burn. Make sure it is topped off because the quickest way to ruin an engine is to run it without enough oil.

Have you monitored the pressure during full throttle acceleration from a stop (especially wit ballast)?   This is when mine takes a nose dive, unless I run 2 extra quarts.

3 hours ago, MadMan said:

Have you monitored the pressure during full throttle acceleration from a stop (especially wit ballast)?   This is when mine takes a nose dive, unless I run 2 extra quarts.

I believe this was the case. I added about 3/4 qt and no issues today, just parked the boat. What a super nice day. Kids surfing moms and dads surfing and boarding. God is good

• Like 3
8 hours ago, skylerchamblee said:

I believe this was the case. I added about 3/4 qt and no issues today, just parked the boat. What a super nice day. Kids surfing moms and dads surfing and boarding. God is good

Yep, Indmar/GM just used the stock Chevy truck oil pan on these engines instead of installing a pan designed for the flywheel end being forward.