Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Verdict on new vinyl / fabric in 16's?

pkh

Looks like the previous topic was closed:

So what does everyone think after putting some hours on the new fabric? I think it does feel better to the touch but am worried about cleaning / long term durability... 

Likes= cooler, softer, not as sticky to skin.

Dislike= it seems to hold dirty because its not smooth. Its not that bad tho.

I really like it because you don't stick to it like the smooth stuff. 

So far so good.  Tactile feel is great.   I like how the fabric has different textures.  Clean up has been easy.  Several bird droppings and bug messes that on my old boat were difficult to clean came right off.  I also have a 18 month old bird brained Golden Retriever.  His wild jumping, rolling, clawing, etc... has not harmed the vinyl in anyway.   That was great to see as well.    I am liking the new fabric.  

The texture holds dirt more than the smooth vinyl but it hasn't been too difficult to keep clean. 75 hours with an average of 5 adults and 3 kids under 3. There is one quarter sized stain, I think it was sunscreen that baked in, that I cannot get out for the life of me. The dealer even gave it a shot. I like the new vinyl.

Edited by Josh4mc

I like the new upholstery a lot. I didn't like it at first, but after 110 hours and nearly a year it is still looking really good. Most of mine is white and it still looks new and doesn't show much dirt. I have seen some 2015's that are not much older and the seats look old and dingy. That is the main reason I am happy with the new upholstery.

I am loving the new stuff. I don't know if it's just perception, but it feels more durable to me. And the matte finish and subtle texture has a more modern feel to me as well. 

Like Ronnie, we still use Vinyl Sauce or Babe's Seat Soap.  Works great. I've only had to break out a toothbrush once. 

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

I am loving the new stuff. I don't know if it's just perception, but it feels more durable to me. And the matte finish and subtle texture has a more modern feel to me as well. 

Like Ronnie, we still use Vinyl Sauce or Babe's Seat Soap.  Works great. I've only had to break out a toothbrush once. 

@IXFE is the vinyl cooler than the previous vinyl, or about the same?  Have you taken the boat east over the mountains or down to Shasta yet?  Hard to really test the vinyl on the west side of the Cascades in the PNW.

1 hour ago, Cory said:

@IXFE is the vinyl cooler than the previous vinyl, or about the same?  Have you taken the boat east over the mountains or down to Shasta yet?  Hard to really test the vinyl on the west side of the Cascades in the PNW.

Not yet... We leave for Shasta on Monday. I'll reply after Day 1. 

I can already tell that it's going to be hot. I've stepped on my seats once or twice and thought, "Damn, son!" 

So, I'm not really a believer that's it's cooler. But we'll see.