Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 LSV Mirror

czafode

Our boat was purchased with an aftermarket mirror that attached to the Blade tower.  After using it now for 4 weeks, the majority (of drivers) have spoken and they want to go back to a windshield mounted mirror (I'm not in the majority).

The issue is that previous owner got rid of the stock mirror when he added the tower mirror.  I've read other topics and it seems we just need the CIPA 7" x 14" mirror.  My question refers to the hardware to attach it. 

http://products.cipausa.com/product/cipa-01300-mirror-without-mounting-bracket/

The windshield has two chrome brackets it seems (slots for some sort of tabs if I remember correctly, the boat is 4 hours away currently).  The CIPA mirror without hardware comes with "1 COMP Marine Mirror attachment clip (for attaching to a bracket)"... will I be good purchasing the mirror alone?

OR..

If any one has a complete setup for a 2005 LSV they want to get rid of or sell I'd be in the market.  

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by czafode

This is the bracket you need. You can see them in the classifieds here on TMC or on Ebay.

s-l225.jpg

The problem IMO opinion is then you have to drive the boat with the window closed, which isn't great when it's hot out.

I much prefer the tower bracket. But then I have a 4 legged tower, which is a LOT more stable.

1 hour ago, czafode said:

If any one has a complete setup for a 2005 LSV they want to get rid of or sell I'd be in the market.  

I think i still have one somewhere i'd be willing to part with.

I have my stock CIPA from my 2016 if you want it.   I stole tthrog's photo, but it looks like the setup below.    It screws into the windshield frame, and I wasn't a fan of that.  No idea if it would work on your boat, but you pay shipping and it's your free.  I've seen some mounting these on the passenger side - supposedly a good view in the mirror and you don't have to run with the window closed. 

B89FB1FA-CB4C-4A13-9073-428CC4D99499_zps

• Like 2

I have my stock CIPA from my 2016 if you want it.   I stole tthrog's photo, but it looks like the setup below.    It screws into the windshield frame, and I wasn't a fan of that.  No idea if it would work on your boat, but you pay shipping and it's your free.  I've seen some mounting these on the passenger side - supposedly a good view in the mirror and you don't have to run with the window closed. 

That would be amazing.  I'll send you a PM.  Thanks a ton. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again Jason.  My nine-year-old is especially appreciative as she was able to do a deep-water-start on her slalom ski for the first time (we assume it was because of the new mirror).  

YcwojRHcRnoypF7vDFUlc-6nw8udP6qmTR88gZ1G

ps - anyone know how to insert the images themselves into the post?  I tried the 'insert other media vie url' but it just shows a broken image. 

Edited by czafode
  • Like 2
On 8/1/2016 at 11:11 AM, czafode said:

Thanks again Jason.  My nine-year-old is especially appreciative as she was able to do a deep-water-start on her slalom ski for the first time (we assume it was because of the new mirror).  

https://goo.gl/photos/2Ywpc3objZBEDJAbA

ps - anyone know how to insert the images themselves into the post?  I tried the 'insert other media vie url' but it just shows a broken image. 

Love that red!

Check this link out. I clicked your pic so it came up in black surrounded background, then right clicked and did the "copy image address" and added a ?.jpg to that link when doing insert image from URL

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/photos/TSi-VTdErRc/WQnkmyR9CQAJ

Made you a quick video to help, cause it's strange to do. Let me know if I should take it down though since it has a pic of your family in it: 

2iSwkI871HMFk1rDqJOF3M3ZW-4o6M9KlFmUh9EA

Made you a quick video to help, cause it's strange to do. Let me know if I should take it down though since it has a pic of your family in it: 

Thanks man.  I was able to edit the post and get it in there.  I probably should have just googled it.