Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Are you running an Acme 2773 ?

mikeo

Just now, Stevo said:

I heard he drops it in the V..................drive locker

Ha! Something in there dropped for sure last week!

10 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Vdrive, trans and engine configurations are similar all they way up. @ConnollyCrew has a '15 23LSV with the 5.7, and it's loooooaded down. He has a pretty aggressive prop, but our boats drive very similarly. (Obviously, his being new and mine being the old and busted, his is smoother) - but operationally speaking it's a very, very similar boat.

To answer your question I wasn't all the way in the throttle, I had room to go. My old cruise held speed just fine.

I DO NOT know what Connelly's boat would do with the 2773 and 5000-6000 lbs of weight on a 2773. I think it could possibly pull it off, but it would be a pain session after session. Maybe we'll swap props out next weekend (he won't be on the water this weekend.) 

It should be noted, I also don't have the wedge lift feature, so that will be a big advantage of yours over mine. When I loaded it up for wakeboarding, full MLS, 750's in each locker, 1k in the bow, wedge down, full crew - it struggled to get on plane. But it eventually did. Thankfully I ride in the realm of 20mph, and an extra 200-300 lb's in the rear lockers with a couple extra lb's up front are all it takes to have a fat, clean wake at those speeds. So I never ride wakeboard speeds at that weight.  Only surf. And it does that without issue.

I have the 2419 and will probably buy anothe for a backup. Almost pulled the trigger on the 2315 as we tend to wakeboard more than surf but I just couldn't do it! Maybe I will tomorrow?????

Edited by ConnollyCrew

I run the big wakemakers bags in the rear, 650 in the floor in front of the back seats and 675 in the bow.

I can run low 11's all day long at 3600 RPM with room to spare on boat power consumption.  500ft above sea leaves with 15x12 / I think it's s 2419

wedge on ramp for goofy. Raised one marker on screen for regular 

Edited by Murphy8166
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, surfdude said:

I'm runing mine at around 3500 ft with roughly 4000#s of weight. I don't think it would quite work for the connellys! 11.5 mph, 3150 rpms. Boy where do the Connellys put all that weight? Love to see a picture!

he has a lllllllotta water shoved in a lllllotta places. Possibly a brick or two. Plus a large crew. lol 

• Like 1

I managed to make myself confused again reading the post from @ConnollyCrew stating that he runs a 2419 but might go to a 2315 and runs at least as much weight as I do, maybe I'm just doing something wrong or I'll blame it on the altitude (650' vs. 2000').

When I check the specs the two props are the same except that the 2419 has a .075 cup instead of .105 so these props should act almost the same except for hole shot. I'm leaning towards the 2951 or 2949 now, just depending on what I can get my hands on via demo/borrow/swap to test first.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mikeo said:

iI managed to make myself confused again reading the post from @ConnollyCrew stating that he runs a 2419 but might go to a 2315 and runs at least as much weight as I do, maybe I'm just doing something wrong or I'll blame it on the altitude (650' vs. 2000').

When I check the specs the two props are the same except that the 2419 has a .075 cup instead of .105 so these props should act almost the same except for hole shot. I'm leaning towards the 2951 or 2949 now, just depending on what I can get my hands on via demo/borrow/swap to test first.

I have just purchased a 2315 as a backup. From what I had gathered the 2315 will not push the weight that I am accustomed too with the 2419. I beleive that my rear wm bags at approx 65-70% full and a 450 in the bow will be all this prop will do at approx 10.6mph. I will test this next week for sure. The 2315 will prob be perfect for wakeboarding though.

3 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I have just purchased a 2315 as a backup. From what I had gathered the 2315 will not push the weight that I am accustomed too with the 2419. I beleive that my rear wm bags at approx 65-70% full and a 450 in the bow will be all this prop will do at approx 10.6mph. I will test this next week for sure. The 2315 will prob be perfect for wakeboarding though.

I don't think there's much difference between the 2315 and 2419. The 2419 gives a little more. I actually think for wakeboarding heavy the 2419 would be better. Getting past 14 mph is tough.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I don't think there's much difference between the 2315 and 2419. The 2419 gives a little more. I actually think for wakeboarding heavy the 2419 would be better. Getting past 14 mph is tough.

we never run more that 50% factory hard tanks when wakeboarding. I will be disappointed if 20 mph is an issue

The 2315 is great for wakeboarding, I run 23 MPH with the MLS full and ~550 in each of the lockers and a bow triangle.

My issue is only when adding more locker weight for surfing, and I'm not "racing" anywhere so if I top out at 25-27 MPH I'm OK with that.

• Like 1