Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a set of skis. Recommendations?

elib

So as we have really started to get a good group of friends who we want to take out on the boat I find that I need a pair of water skis. I Wakeboard/Surf/Wakeskate etc but my friends used to ski and want to do it again. I look on Overtons and see $150-$200 pairs of skis but not sure if I should get the new radial side cut skis or not. Some people say they will single ski so I'd like the single to be decent but lets be real, no one is trying to ski a course or anything. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Late on this thread but i purchased two of the same slalom skis off ebay. I ended up with two obrian world team slaloms with rtp. Works good as a rec slalom and as a pair. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had a set of performer with the X-9 delaminate on me a couple years back. Sent them pictures, they sent me new skis and told me to toss the old ones. I threw out the old ones but kept the X-9 bindings. Why? Don't know, too nice to toss. (Actually we were talking about mounting them on an old kneeboard for what ever beer induced reason). So if anyone needs a decent set of bindings for their normal skis, let me know.