Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mission Delta Wakesurf Device

Joeprunc

So I love skiing and so do 90% of the folks I enjoy water time with.  However one of my friends has a SN 206, is a phenominal skier, barefoots, wakeboards, and loads his boat up enough to wakesurf.  It was very frustrating moving bags around for goofy vs regular riders, so he decided to invest in the Mission DELTA Wakesurf Device.  

Last weekend he took it out on my boat and we played around with it a little.  I think it has a TON of potential!  We had 1/4 tank of gas (~10 gals), maybe 400# of people, and the wedge down (in other words very little weight as we were skiing all morning).  The wake was 'almost' surfable with a 210# guy trying to ride (the wake looked a lot better with him in the boat).  We played with the placement of the device and it was really crazy how easily it made the wave longer/ taller/steeper (or flat out worse).  And to switch the surf side, you just move the Device to the other side.  It has two suction cups and a tether that clips to the swim platform.  I wax the crap out of my boat, and it never came off, even with multiple starts and stops.  The device also floats incase it is dropped in the water.

With the new addition of adding a tower on my ski boat ( :cry: ), I may be purchasing one of these and a surf board.  After all boat time is all about keeping everyone happy ;)  (sorry no pictures)

https://www.wakemakers.com/mission-delta-wakesurf-device.html

Edited by Joeprunc
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of all the aftermarket device out there, I think Mission has the best looking stuff.  We attempted to make our own "suck gate" before dropping the $500.  I am more than pleased to say that for $45 we created a fantastic product.  I just can't believe I would be any happier with the Delta.

• Like 1

After getting my delta gate I was on other friends V drives and saw incredible wakes that were so fun. This weekend I finally got to try it out on my DD Ride XTI - 400# in the back, 400# bow weight, approx 500 # in people. The gate worked great for ease of switching from goofy to regular riders. We found it worked very well to "counter weight" I'll call it. We didn't weight the surf side, we weighted the gated side to make sure it was under the water line. I almost got my first 360, but I wasn't ready to actually make the rotation and still be in the wake. Next time I'll have to try to focus better on the back of the boat.

• 2 months later...

i have nothing but praise for the Mission Delta. The quality of the unit and the effect it had on our wake was amazing. Cleaner, longer, steeper and more push than without it.

I see you're in an Lxi. I think we've just about perfected the ballast weighting in our iRide which is also a DD. If it helps we have 1100lbs in the rear locker, 550lbs MLS center ballast, 200lbs under the filler cushion in the bow, wedge down and the Mission Delta. This was the most ballast we could add with it all being hidden and plumbed in to be as factory as possible. 

On 10/13/2016 at 7:24 PM, DirtTrailMedia said:

any chance of you guys posting some pictures of the setups you built yourself?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/60050-homemade-delta-wakeshaper/&page=1

Lots of ideas in that thread.  I ended up building one for $35

@Tags Lots of people are throwing tons of weight in their boats...I'm a bit more hesitant to add much more weight, and I hate having bags all over the place especially wiht a DD.  I put a 350# in the ski locker, and a 400# on the rear seat with wedge down surf at 9.8 to 10.2 mph depending on rider.  I can surf all day long ropeless, others have issues....I blame it on rider not wave or board.  I only surf when I can't ski anymore.

@Joeprunc i wouldn't say we're throwing tons of weight in our boat. We don't have a single bag thats visible and we haven't sacrificed performance nor safety. The iRide is bigger than the lxi so maybe we have more hidden space to play with and store ballast.

I don't disagree that you can't surf all day long with your current set up......heck i've surfed behind a response with absolutely no ballast. It depends on where you want to go with your surfing though. If you want to start busting out a range of tricks you're going to be limited IMO