Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F2 jack upgrade/replacement

oldjeep

Anyone done a wheel upgrade or replacement on their F2 jack?  I use my jack everytime I use the boat, roll it in and out of the garage which has about a 1/2" lip.  Last season my wheels both cracked - contacted Fulton and got some free replacements.  This season they are messed up again.  The design of the 2 wheel jack really sucks and aside from finding some wheels that are not plastic I don't see a good way for an easy fix. 

Thoughts?

Jeep,

do you have a boatmate trailer by chance.  I had my F2 Jack break this week (handle) and boatmate replaced it.  They did end up giving me a 1 wheeled version.  It was as simple as an email with some pictures of the Jack and the vin # off the trailer.  Good luck.

I upgraded mine recently. Long story short, the F2 was a warranty replacement,  got thrown out & I resurrected it. Only expense was the adapter plate to mount it. Not sure it rolls any easier,  but it does turn easier,  and is definitely more substantial,  hopefully stronger.

Fulton%20F2_zpsmpgrkucf.jpg

I gave up on wheels and went to a flat steel foot. I can't roll around a tandem trailer anyway, so I never saw the point in having a plastic wheel.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, skyskier said:

I gave up on wheels and went to a flat steel foot. I can't roll around a tandem trailer anyway, so I never saw the point in having a plastic wheel.

I roll my tandem around every day I use it, which is why I need something beefier than the double wheel jack.

12 hours ago, jb 156 said:

Jeep,

do you have a boatmate trailer by chance.  I had my F2 Jack break this week (handle) and boatmate replaced it.  They did end up giving me a 1 wheeled version.  It was as simple as an email with some pictures of the Jack and the vin # off the trailer.  Good luck.

Yup, boatmate.  Already had Fulton replace my wheels once never thought to contact boatmate, I'll try that and see if they will swap me out a single wheel version.  The dual wheel is pretty light duty

Edited by oldjeep

id request they swap with a single wheel. before mounting it up, take the single wheel out and go to a caster supply store and find the model match for a steel wheel with a poly tread.  The wheel will roll smoother and easier than the plastic one, and the steel will hold up longer

Well jeez that was quick.  Filled out the warranty claim on the boatmateparts website this morning and just got an email back that they are shipping me a new single wheel jack.

I'll definitely take a look at possible steel wheel replacements from Northern Tool

On 7/13/2016 at 1:03 PM, oldjeep said:

Well jeez that was quick.  Filled out the warranty claim on the boatmateparts website this morning and just got an email back that they are shipping me a new single wheel jack.

I'll definitely take a look at possible steel wheel replacements from Northern Tool

Same service I had too, emailed them and picked the jack up the same day.  Boatmate is on their game.  

On 7/13/2016 at 2:50 AM, skyskier said:

I've been thinking about doing that also myself.  I definitly can't roll mine around on its triple axle trailer and the wheel makes it feel unstable anyway. Did you replace the whole jack or do you know if you can just change out just the foot and replace the wheel assembly with the flat plate?

I replaced the whole jack with this one from Northern tool. Great concept, but the quality is not there. Maybe it feels flimsy because I have it on a 247 trailer. Definitely fast, and I REALLY like the flat steel foot. A Fulton with a flat foot would be my choice next time around. 

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_trailers-towing+trailer-jacks+marine-swivel-jacks

On 7/13/2016 at 1:03 PM, oldjeep said:

Boatmate is amazing.  Wish Malibu had stuck with them for their trailer supplier. 

Brown suit santa just dropped off a heavy project for me later.  The single wheel jack is way beefier than the dual wheel (on the wheel end), not worried at all about having a wheel failure on this one.

WP_20160718_12_41_28_Pro.jpg

Edited by oldjeep