Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower pylon (ball)

For a 2006 Wakesetter 21.5 VLX.   Pardon me if I don't have the parts named properly; please correct me.  For this discussion I'm referring to the pylon that sits on top of the tower.  The pylon seems to consist of a post onto which sits a ball around which the wakeboard rope is attached.   I was wakeboarding this weekend when the ball disconnected from the tower.  Fortunately no one was hurt and I held onto the rope and still have the ball.  It doesn't seem to sit right on the post. Is there a trick for attaching the ball onto the post.  Does anyone have pics of what these should look like?

http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2264

Images in the link above.  Pop the cap off and tighten the bolt down onto the tower.  While you have it off lubricate the needle bearings with white grease.  This should allow it to spin easier and not back the bolt out again.  

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

How do I "pop the cap off"  Does it unscrew or do I pry it.  It's difficult to get under and it's also difficult to turn.

yes, pry.  no threads.  just an o-ring to keep it all snugged up.

if you damage the chrome on the edge of the plastic top/trip piece consider replacing it w an aluminum one (bakes) else it will catch / chew on your expensive main line.

Edited by tvano