Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug 'n Play ballast for 22 VLX

MalibuPZ

I have a 2015 22' VLX and am interested in installing 2 of the 700 lb. Ronix Eight.3 Plug 'n Play Ballast tanks into my existing built in stern ballast tanks.  If anyone has done this and could give me some advise as to how to install and the difference it made to the surf wake I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, MalibuPZ said:

I have a 2015 22' VLX and am interested in installing 2 of the 700 lb. Ronix Eight.3 Plug 'n Play Ballast tanks into my existing built in stern ballast tanks.  If anyone has done this and could give me some advise as to how to install and the difference it made to the surf wake I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

1. do the eight.3 bags have the fittings for quick connect?bLgQA0dV11YYdtZXoaGkWe8qzD4DcdGs-1.jpg

2. is the exhisiting plumbing in the rear lockers capped off? or connected to the 550 stock pnp bags?

you may need some fittings from wakemakers, but it will be hard to know without knowing exactly what you have. pics in the rear lockers and of your bags would help. 

my guess is you will need some of the fittings pictured above, possibly some hose, and i would recommend venting bags to the opposite side vent line

Edited by Stevo
2 minutes ago, MalibuPZ said:

I have 6 of the fittings that you pictured. The existing plumbing is still connected to the factory ballest tanks. Thanks. 

K8OhVsmePXIXRXh94zUl2rnym1bymDeZ-1.jpg

Ok, so you should be able to find this female fitting on the stock hoses, lift up on the red clamp and the male fitting will pull out (may need some elbow grease) install the fittings you mentioned you have into the ronix eight.3 bags (i would recomend using a marine adhesive to ensure the fittings dont leak)  and connect to the stock fill and drain pnp lines.

i dont know for sure if 15' has a plumbed vent line for pnp (i dont think so) . if not you will need to manually burp the bags when filling them up (air will get trapped inside) . to vent the bags you will need about 12ft of the black hose , 2 check valves ,6 hose crimps, 2 "Y" fittings, cross the drains to the opposite sides of the boat to ensure you don't create siphon and drain you bags while underway . all of these are easily available from wakemakers. call or Pm @spencer and he can point you in the right direction.

Great info. I'm pretty sure the existing tanks are vented.  So Your saying to abandon the existing tanks and don't plumb into them? I thought I was plumbing into them to add ballest. Thank you!

The PNP set up is supplemental, they are filled once the subfloor tanks are full and overflow into the pnp bags,

the same way to drain, the subfloor tank is drained and the pnp bag flows into the hard tank to be drained

Edited by Stevo