Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding lights questions

Barefooter25

I just took delivery of my new 2016 VTX and I want to add LED dome lights on the tower as well as underwater lighting. 

First Question: Can i use the small factory control panel to turn them on and off? if so how many switches can i operate?

Second Question: Need opinion on these two options for underwater lights.  SeaBlazeX Spectrum or the Diablo triple vega?  

Third Question: What type of dome light works the best?  I haven't done much research on this one yet. 

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Barefooter25 said:

I just took delivery of my new 2016 VTX and I want to add LED dome lights on the tower as well as underwater lighting. 

First Question: Can i use the small factory control panel to turn them on and off? if so how many switches can i operate?

Second Question: Need opinion on these two options for underwater lights.  SeaBlazeX Spectrum or the Diablo triple vega?  

Third Question: What type of dome light works the best?  I haven't done much research on this one yet. 

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Just off topic, because I don't have the answers to your questions but how does the Vtx ski and barefoot?

That was an interesting read...  Thanks I like the SeaBlaze idea of working well out of water and the multi color is a huge plus, its just that sticker shock i guess. 

10 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Just off topic, because I don't have the answers to your questions but how does the Vtx ski and barefoot?

Good question,  I have just over 20 hours on it and i LOVE it.  I searched every possible model/manufacturer out there and this is what i found to be the best of all 4 worlds.  I like barefooting @ 42-43 mph so that was a must and nearly impossible to find in a boat that can surf.  Every other boat i needed to upgrade engines.  Skiing is great at 29+ mph. The wake is soft that you can cut through it and I haven't launched into the air so that makes it OK in my book. Plus now i have the added bonus to grab a surf board or wakeboard, lower the wedge and go.  Since the boat is so short it makes an impressive wake with very little weight.  Oh and one more great feature is setting the wedge in LIFT mode and pulling kids skiing or kneeboarding, it makes the wake much smaller and less intimidating for them to cross.  

• Like 2

This year we added 2 dagon 5150's to our transom(boatpluglight.com).  We have an 05 VLX.  If you go to the Modifications and accessories forum you can click on the thread called "Boat Lights."  In there I added a couple of pictures and a video of what mine look like.  We are very impressed with them and with the instal we have less than $600 into it.  I am not all that handy but if you are you can save the money and DIY.  The lights are about $200 each.

I can tell you that my led transom after markets are powered in/ off through my 7" MTC screen. I also have a seperate control for the RGB to change color/mode and it works flawlessly. Good luck!

On 12 July 2016 at 0:23 AM, Barefooter25 said:

Good question,  I have just over 20 hours on it and i LOVE it.  I searched every possible model/manufacturer out there and this is what i found to be the best of all 4 worlds.  I like barefooting @ 42-43 mph so that was a must and nearly impossible to find in a boat that can surf.  Every other boat i needed to upgrade engines.  Skiing is great at 29+ mph. The wake is soft that you can cut through it and I haven't launched into the air so that makes it OK in my book. Plus now i have the added bonus to grab a surf board or wakeboard, lower the wedge and go.  Since the boat is so short it makes an impressive wake with very little weight.  Oh and one more great feature is setting the wedge in LIFT mode and pulling kids skiing or kneeboarding, it makes the wake much smaller and less intimidating for them to cross.  

Sounds good. That's exactly what i am looking for in my VTX when we take delivery......

2 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I can tell you that my led transom after markets are powered in/ off through my 7" MTC screen. I also have a seperate control for the RGB to change color/mode and it works flawlessly. Good luck!

Did you do the install?  I wanted to add both transom and docking lights and wondered if they were pre-wired or you had to go back to the panel?  I haven't spent time looking yet but definitely something I want to do.  I found out in settings how to 'enable' them, just need to find the power.

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

Did you do the install?  I wanted to add both transom and docking lights and wondered if they were pre-wired or you had to go back to the panel?  I haven't spent time looking yet but definitely something I want to do.  I found out in settings how to 'enable' them, just need to find the power.

Sorry, I did not do it myself. Wish I could be more help. I am sure @MLA or @jonyb will chime in and point you in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...