Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 A22- Speed + Weight + Wedge?

TC_2006_VLX

The hardest part of selling my 2007 VLX was knowing that I wouldnt have a totally dialed in wake. That said I was hoping to get some pointers on best speed, weight, love/hate wedge. I have bags galore so if I need more front ballast not an issue. Also, my A22 is plumbed with the piggy backs in the rear and the horse shoe in the front.

I have a 2012, but only the 20'.  IMO, most run 750s or rough equivalents in the rears and arrow in the front.  In that scenario almost anything above 19 or 20 is clean if you are weighted evenly.  Speed then just depends on your riding.  I do like running extra weight on top of the bow when I have a light crew.  I have a 1000 lb triangle that I don't fill completely full.  I don't run the wedge, I think it burns through fuel more quickly than an equivalent amount of water weight.  Though when I did the wake was not bigger but had a touch more peak to it.  Enjoy.

I have a 12' a22 and my ballast setup is factory 900, 950 sumo bow bag, sumo 600's rear. Sumo 800 floor sac, and 500lbs of lead spread through out, NO WEDGE.  Sometime I fill an extra 400 bag ontop of the 800 floor sac. 

That wake is money. Leaving the wedge up  saves so much gas and it also makes the wake more consistent. Honestly though, it's hard to mess up and axis wake. I've ran too much bow weight, forgot to fill my center tank, ran too much rear rear weight, and it alway seams to have a similar wake regardless how the ballast is setup. 

So stocked to test it out tonight. Everyone seems to recommend no wedge, so looks like were hitting it hard with ballast!

The axis wake has been very rampy but extremely mellow on the kick portion. Any ideas how to give it a little boost?

• 3 weeks later...

I load mine heavy and ride with the wedge.  But then again I love a lippy wake. Factory ballast, 400lbs lead spread evenly throughout, plug and play filled, front arrow plug and play filled, 750 on floor, 400# sac up front on seats, and wedge down.  Monster rampy wake! Make take 8 seconds to plane off but once it does youll like it!