Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev 10s on G3 Tower

skibumm

I am going to be mounting up a pair of Rev 10 to my Brother in Laws 2016 VLX with the G3 tower.  We ordered the x mount for the Rev 10s but now it seems like we need the additional bracket for$149.  Can someone let me know if this is truly needed or if the X mount will bolt to the G3 tower?

Why would you need a dual mount?  He said a pair (one each side).  I believe the $149 is the correct mount.  Much better than Malibu's shelf.

The dual mount lets you put a single pair up high in the top position.  The single mount is much lower on the tower.  

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of REV10's myself, and I'm going with the dual mount so I can put the first pair up high, plus give me the option of adding the second pair if I want in the future.

• Like 3

I can't remember if the single mount interferes with the swivel board racks or the bimini. Pretty sure it isnt compatible with the slider bimini mounts. At least that's what my dealer told me when I had mine installed. The other benefit is that it tucks the speaker higher up on the tower. 

I've done it both ways, trust me go with the dual mount. The single mount needs the swivel mount or the Bimini relocate plate also. This makes it more expensive than the dual mount. Plus the location sucks!

• 4 months later...

I'm about to add a single pair of Rev10s to a G3.   Thanks to this thread, I now know to go with the dual adapter.   Thank you!   :)

What's everyone's recommendation on the type of mount to use?    I'm leaning towards the swivel just so I can tweak the speaker up a little bit.   What I've noticed is that when underway when wakeboarding or wakesurfing, the angle of the boat (its bow rise) causes the tower speakers to be directed almost directly down into the water about 10-20ft behind the boat.  

Thoughts?