Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 LSV Swim Platform Pad Replacement

MotoGPTy

I'm looking for opinions for a custom fitted swim platform pad replacement.  Currently have OEM rubber that I have to treat with slick 303 every month to keep black from rubbing off on people.  

I spoke with @Intenseabout his SeaDek platform pad replacement and he said he had to modify the MSP1 he ordered.  The MSP2(65x27) doesn't seem to fit my measured pad dimensions of 64" x 26".  It seems like it'll overhang 1/2" on all sides.  Has anyone put the MSP2 on their 2004 LSV platform successfully?  

Any other custom options out there?

I just replaced the pad on my 06 VLX this past weekend using HydroTurf. I just bought the raw sheet and built my own template of the existing pad before removing it. What I did notice is that the existing pad had shrunk about 1/8-1/4" inch all the way around so I enlarged the template as I was transferring to the new sheet. As other people have mentioned, leave the platform out in the sun to make removal easier or just use a heat gun and work slowly. Once the pad is removed us Goo Gone or Goof Off to clean the remaining adhesive off. I ordered the pad without the 3M backing so I used the DAP Weldwood adhesive to attach the new pad. Since I put it on with a roller, I just masked off any areas that I didn't want glued and then removed the tape prior to sticking the pad down. So far so good, it stayed on for the first weekend. Sorry I don't have pictures but it was a pretty straight forward process if you take your time.

I put on SeaDek MSP2 two months ago.  I have an 06 23 LSV and it fit great and feels great.

Did you measure your pad or your platform?  I picked the MSP2 based on my measurement of the platform.  The MSP2 covered a bit more area than the original Malibu rubber pad but as you can see on mine, it did not go all the way to the edge.  

IMG_3759.JPG.2d60a3a16a82d07d3014ac8cc5c