Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker Sox

ctvandy23

I have them...used them over the winter mainly.  They faded pretty quickly.  However, speakers looked great when I took them off in the spring.

• Like 2

I've had several pairs on different boats, they keep the rain out and the bugs off your tower speakers. Not super heavy duty like the wetsound covers. If you keep your boat inside like I do, there fine. If you keep it outside, I would get something a little more bullit proof. Incidentally, I bought their extra tough model this time. They seem the same as the base model.

• Like 1

I've had them shipped to Australia on both Malibus - very happy but they fade rediculously fast if you have them out in the sun.  I should have ponied up for the UV protection they offer - would have solved the problem ?

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/PeteOOXXOO/media/image_9.jpeg.html]image_9.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

Edited by PeteOOXXOO
3 hours ago, PeteOOXXOO said:

I've had them shipped to Australia on both Malibus - very happy but they fade rediculously fast if you have them out in the sun.  I should have ponied up for the UV protection they offer - would have solved the problem ?

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/PeteOOXXOO/media/image_9.jpeg.html]image_9.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

Dang, didn't see UV protection as an option.  I paid for the waterproofing, but didn't see UV.  Rat farts.

Don't forget the TMC discount!

I ordered mine in gray thinking they would not fade as much and they match the cover.   I received them in 2 days. Excellent customer service! Got some for the racks too

1BA4A804-D762-4E8C-8797-40BE7931BE67_zps

I like gray idea.  I was thinking black but I think you are onto something with matching them to the cover.  Never thought about the racks?

have had them for years, on 2nd set.  They are really faded, but like others have said, keep the bugs off.  That said, I freshened up my cans with some plastidip, knocking the chrome down a bit, and now will only use them for transport behind the vehicle.

When they fade buy a $5 can of black vinyl spray paint, cheap way to freshen them up and it will hold up for a season.  They really need to start making them out of sunbrella material, they would hold up so much better.

• Like 1
On July 12, 2016 at 10:08 PM, ctvandy23 said:

I like gray idea.  I was thinking black but I think you are onto something with matching them to the cover.  Never thought about the racks?

The racks are mainly to keep spiders off while in my slip and then bug protection for the times I do tow,. Same as the speakers really, since my lift is covered and sun exposure is minimized by that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair or two of socks (that came off my old pro 80s or whatever I sold the boat tho ) ill give you. Email me wakesurfin at gmail and I'll find a way to get the, to you. I'm on smith lake in alabama fwiw.