Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Top recommendation for new owner

sunvalleylaw

Hey folks, getting a boat soon (next couple weeks).  A 98 Response LX.  I have an intro thread with some details.  Looking for advice on getting a good bimini top.  It does not have to be fancy, just strong and sturdy, and have the ability to wrap up if the family wants sun.  I, myself, like the shade while driving.  I have long admired the bikinis one sees down at Shasta, etc.  We get some big wind gusts in the afternoon at our lake if I have not pulled the boat in advance of the wind, so do not want anything too cheaply made.  But hoping to keep it economical too. Thanks!

MalibuNation

I spent a lot of time PMing this member so you might want to contact her.  Also here is a thread with lots of choices ... hopefully you can find what you need.

Also I saw your first post that you didn't want a tower but have wakeboarders.  :welcome:

• Like 1

"Does your boat have a tower?  That makes a big difference in your options."

Good question.  No tower, and none desired.  Straight bimini.

12 minutes ago, MalibuNation said:

I spent a lot of time PMing this member so you might want to contact her.  Also here is a thread with lots of choices ... hopefully you can find what you need.

Also I saw your first post that you didn't want a tower but have wakeboarders.  :welcome:

Thanks.  didn't see that thread with a search.  and yes, we have wake boarders, but none that are skying it.  If someone gets serious, we can re-consider, but my most serious athlete at home is more into skiing. 

Edited by sunvalleylaw

Here is the boat I am hoping to close the deal on.  

00v0v_brObOAeXUUP_1200x900_zps83jgqkup.j

and anticipating a straight bimini kinda like this on my buddy's boat, but it can have more bars if necessary or desired.  I will look through that other thread.  

kv7eyo42h20j-2_zpsmpaxbkmr.jpg~original

I am also looking for Bimini options.  I recently purchased a 94 Echelon and it has a Monster MT-1 tower on it.  The tops made by Monster are crazy expensive, and the shipping costs are out of control as well.  Looking for alternative options.