Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery Charger AC Inlet Port

Asmodeus2112

I just bought an Evolution cover, so I'd like to be able to tow the boat with the cover on to the storage bay and plug it in without undoing the cover to reach in there and find the plug. Any suggestions? Right now my thinking is to stick an extension cord out the tower leg hole in the cover and secure with a strap. Better ideas?

Edited by Asmodeus2112
10 minutes ago, MalibuNation said:

You can do a thru hull connector.  Very common with larger boats

Yeah, guess I'm not quite that committed. How common is this on wake boats do you think?

In my last boat I had a 12' extension cord that I kept plugged in to the charger and laying in the bow seat while the cover was on. When it went into storage, I could get some slack in the cover cinch and reach under the cover at these of the bow to get the extension cord to plug into power.

My on-board charger, bilge heater & dehumidifier come together in the back corner seat. I plug them into a 3 way adapter & then a 20' extension cord that extends out the back of the cover. I have to pull the cover to do other things so pulling the extension cord too hasn't been an issue.

I've never seen a thru hull connector on a wake boat. I certainly wouldn't do it below the rub rail. Maybe inside on the rear corner vents?