Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newb intro SV, Idaho

sunvalleylaw

I have a couple sets of Wiley's double high wraps that could be rebuilt.  Blue wraps on my mid-80's kidder that my wife still uses sometimes, when she doesn't use a Connelly with a RTP, black Wiley's high wraps on a mid-90's Duvall that has a peeled top duck taped on.  (LOL!) and my ski that needs new wraps is my D3 Nomad RCX with Leverage bindings. (Ha, look at that?  Seems like I get a new ski about every 10 years or so.  Must be due!)  Just the wraps are ripped up on the Nomad.  I might leave the rear one ripped, for ease of in and out, as a compromise between double wraps and RTP.  But will order a new wrap anyways.  Since I have the high wraps on the Duvall, I think I will re-do them at least and use them on one of the skis, perhaps the Duvall.  I don't know if they would work on my Nomad.  Will have to take a look and see.  I like the Leverage Bindings pretty well too.  

Also, do you guys favor a certain source for Bimini tops?  I don't need visually fancy, just strong, and the ability to fold up if the family wants sun.  For me, I like being in the shade.  I think I will start a new thread not in my intro on that. 

1 hour ago, Rednucleus said:

Welcome! Wileys can do a good job rebuilding your binding for you if needed

Welcome to the crew!! I'd love to see some pics of the old boat and of the one you are considering.

Also-check out the "cross" skis from HO. I retired my old tournament ski for a cx and it's a great ski for an aggressive free skier.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Welcome to the crew!! I'd love to see some pics of the old boat and of the one you are considering.

Also-check out the "cross" skis from HO. I retired my old tournament ski for a cx and it's a great ski for an aggressive free skier.

Thanks for the thoughts on the skis.  I am still loving my Nomad, so likely, no action is required other than binding maintenance.  But who knows?  Always willing to try new things.  

Here is the old boat:

a couple years ago at Magic Reservoir between Hailey, and Fairfield, Idaho.  

GOPR0252.jpg~original

I am in the water after a run, and my kid is holding my ski.  wide angle photo courtesy of go pro.  We ski here early summer, as long as there is water.  Later in the year, we tend to go to Redfish up by Stanley, and camp.  This boat did not do as well at altitude.  Amazing the difference in performance as between the elevation at Magic and at Redfish.  

And here is the potential new boat.  Owner pics from the ad.  

00v0v_brObOAeXUUP_1200x900_zps83jgqkup.j

00u0u_5YKmZs91OEc_1200x900_zpshz1oazez.j

My brother and his tourney boat owning partner checked it out thoroughly, and it seems to fit the bill.  A couple small cosmetic blems, but not much considering the year, and a one owner, consistently maintained boat.  We have a deal pending, and I hope to pick it up on a trip back to WA in a couple weeks. :)

Edited by sunvalleylaw
10 hours ago, braindamage said:

Ok, was getting a little sentimental as I was cleaning Ol' Bessie up to take down to see about fixing the tow bar enough to sell, and/or just sell to someone for fishing, or at least sell the outboard motor which a lot of people still like.  Here she it.  Warts and all.  She gave us a lot of fun and adventures, like the time the wheel broke it's bolts, and the wheel somehow stayed on the end of the axle for the time needed for me to pull over, many many camping and skiing adventures, seeing our kids from birth until deep into teenhood, etc., etc., etc.  Good 'ol Bessie.  

C2DF9733-BC0B-4FCE-9915-0B6A826DF505_zps

3DCF09FA-46D6-48F5-BBB7-C7E3BBD8172C_zps

Note broken fender from when wheel came off. 

Pylon anchor pulled out of floor and broken fiberglass facing.

6A27E18D-D728-4E66-AB86-CF411052511E_zps

C8310AD5-0A77-46FD-ACED-A594C1504A67_zps

5B052CB4-F599-48E4-8A71-D28D4B7F3623_zps

16 hours ago, braindamage said:

Love the cx.... Super lite edition is spot on....

• Like 1

She looks well loved and well used. Happy boat!!

I learned to ski on a 1967 tri-hull 16' with a 150hp IO. Lots of power and very small wake. I loved that boat. Not as much as boat2 that I bought while in high school. Lots of skiing and beer with my crew.

though neither measure up to my 'bu!!

12 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Love the cx.... Super lite edition is spot on....

That's what I got!! Superlite CX with radar vector bindings. It lives up to the hype. Awesome ski with much less effort.

Gettin' old

Edited by braindamage
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, braindamage said:

She looks well loved and well used. Happy boat!!

I learned to ski on a 1967 tri-hull 16' with a 150hp IO. Lots of power and very small wake. I loved that boat. Not as much as boat2 that I bought while in high school. Lots of skiing and beer with my crew.

though neither measure up to my 'bu!!

That's what I got!! Superlite CX with radar vector bindings. It lives up to the hype. Awesome ski with much less effort.

Gettin' old

Much less effort indeed... Couldn't believe I busted my you know what all these years in my old HO VTC....

• 1 month later...
On July 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM, sunvalleylaw said:

Ok, was getting a little sentimental as I was cleaning Ol' Bessie up to take down to see about fixing the tow bar enough to sell, and/or just sell to someone for fishing, or at least sell the outboard motor which a lot of people still like.  Here she it.  Warts and all.  She gave us a lot of fun and adventures, like the time the wheel broke it's bolts, and the wheel somehow stayed on the end of the axle for the time needed for me to pull over, many many camping and skiing adventures, seeing our kids from birth until deep into teenhood, etc., etc., etc.  Good 'ol Bessie.  

Well, Ol' Bessie sold today.  I love the new (to me) Response, but had to take a minute to think on the many memories created on Ol' Bessie and say good bye.  Long may she run!  

• Like 2

@sunvalleylaw Awesome! I saw that on "things for free or sale in Hailey." I wanna say there is another Malibu that frequents redfish that is exactly like yours. I've got a blue and black 01 Malibu wakesetter Vlx. I should be up there the next few weekends until it gets cold. Love to chat sometime. I'll keep my eyes out for ya.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rambino21 said:

@sunvalleylaw Awesome! I saw that on "things for free or sale in Hailey." I wanna say there is another Malibu that frequents redfish that is exactly like yours. I've got a blue and black 01 Malibu wakesetter Vlx. I should be up there the next few weekends until it gets cold. Love to chat sometime. I'll keep my eyes out for ya.

@Rambino21 That other boat could be the boat owned by my neighbor who has a local excavation company.  Theirs has a black bimini.  I think I posted a pic of it anchored in the cove east of the ramp when I was shopping, saying that was what I wanted.  I will probably pick up a bimini too.  Have had ours out on Magic before the water at the ramp got too low last week, and Alturas twice.  Hoping the smoke that keeps settling in at Redfish calms down once it cools a little.  I will look for your Wakesetter!  My name is Steve.  Cheers!

Edited by sunvalleylaw
On July 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM, sunvalleylaw said:

Don't bother,the stringers are probably like coffee grounds , though we did fix my checkmate to sell when same thing happened so the dud their best to thicken floor

This is an awesome first thread to be starting...even if he is an attorney.  :Tease3:  

I love to see the old and new and feel the excitement that you and your sons have to be having right now.  This is great!  

• Like 1