Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Walk through windshield jammed

Sailvi767

Went through some bumpy water today however not really that bad and the center windshield popped under the lip it normally rests on and jammed. I figured I would pop out the hinge pins and reset it but can't het the pins to budge. Any thoughts or suggestions other then another trip to the dealer. 2016 VLX.

g

This has happened to me. I was able to loosen some of the screws that attach the windshield to the "deck"? and bump the whole frame over. I'm not sure if the new boats are set up the same though

I did unbolt the support and that gives enough room for the top to clear but not the bottom. Can't even find how the windscreen is attached at the bottom. I suspect I will have to pull the back pad in the bow rider area to get access.

G

This exact thing happened to us today.  I got in the walkway and pushed REALLY, REALLY hard with my buddy pushing the two window parts apart and we were able to get it back on the right side of the windshields.  We needed it to get fixed before the wives saw it!

The boat is a new LSV and it's had a lot of problems so we didn't want them to worry any more than necessary!