Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steering Wheel, Mirror, and Seat riser

Christoofar

Did a few mods today, added a steering wheel from Forever Sharp.  I've been trying to do a steering wheel for a year now.  Took forever to find the right hub/wheel combo.  The stock Axis wheel would embarass a golf cart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/unmwdhnmml9w673/IMG_0895.JPG?dl=0

Added the PTM-140 mirror.  Mounted it port side.  When it was mounted over the drivers window, it was all I could see?  Don't know how the heck you're supposed to drive with it in your face.  Where do y'all mount yours?  I might have to go with the tower mount if I don't like it there.  Side note: Didn't know my chubby butt was in the pic!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozohp3lndi9jowh/IMG_0896.JPG?dl=0

Also added the seat riser pre season.  Got it from a group buy on the Axis forum.  Raises the seat 4" which is awesome for my 5' tall wife driving when I surf.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg5wf9f1g9apk0r/IMG_0897.JPG?dl=0

• Like 2

Lookin' good!

I'm diggin' the steering wheel....post some details as I may follow suit. Have you thought about adding an Axis log/badge to the center?

I have the same mirror on the same window, just further to the left so it doesn't get knocked by people walking front to back.

I also bought the riser in the GB and love it!

I checked with Forever Sharp and got a quote on a laser engraved Axis logo.  They wanted $39.95 for the engraving and $19.95 for the custom order.  $60 was a bit steep for me.  Our wheels are a 19 spline hub, which aren't near as common as the 3/4" keyed hub.  I'm sure you could find a hub then match a wheel up, but the hubs are few and far between.  I had already ordered one wheel and had to sell on the cheap as I ordered the wrong hub.

Thanks for the feedback on the mirror.  I was cussing in the boat trying to figure out how the heck I was going to make it work.

So do you have a link to which wheel exactly that you bought/fits? Or are you saying you needed to change out the hub to make the wheel fit?

12 hours ago, That Guy said:

So do you have a link to which wheel exactly that you bought/fits? Or are you saying you needed to change out the hub to make the wheel fit?

http://fssteeringwheels.com/

Yup, you'll need a hub.  The stock steering wheel has the hub built into the plastic wheel.  It goes away with the wheel.  Forever Sharp sells the 19 spline hub as an option when you select the wheel. The bolt pattern is for a 5 bolt wheel, which this is.  Another option is a Grant wheel with 5 bolt hub from Jegs.  I looked at that as well.  Ultimately, there wasn't a lot of info on the hub, and didn't want to risk ordering the wrong thing.

There are more options of other wheels that have a 6 bolt pattern, but I had trouble finding a 19 spline hub with a 6 bolt pattern.  There are adapters as well to make a 5 bolt into a 6 bolt.  At the end of the day, I liked this wheel and knew they'd sell the adapter that would fit.  I just needed to make sure it fit the boat.  Now we all know the answer is yes!

I paid $140 for the wheel/hub as shown...they had a 10% off 4th of July sale.  They tend to run sales at the holidays.