Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sold the boat yesterday

bamabonners

bama,

During your absence from boating, I hope you find other pursuits that bring you as much enjoyment.  :cheers:

I hope your sale of the Axis doesn't make you a stranger around here - I enjoy your posts.

1 hour ago, RedOwl said:

bama,

During your absence from boating, I hope you find other pursuits that bring you as much enjoyment.  :cheers:

I hope your sale of the Axis doesn't make you a stranger around here - I enjoy your posts.

+1 don't be a stranger

• Like 1

Congrats/My condolences all at the same time! Be sure to post up your 'replacement' whatever that shall be. 

Just because it's the same boat I have and everyone is infinitely curious....did you make out alright selling a year old boat? Nothing specific needed but we've tossed around the idea before and I haven't got a clue how good/bad resale would be. 

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

Congrats/My condolences all at the same time! Be sure to post up your 'replacement' whatever that shall be. 

Just because it's the same boat I have and everyone is infinitely curious....did you make out alright selling a year old boat? Nothing specific needed but we've tossed around the idea before and I haven't got a clue how good/bad resale would be. 

I sold it for almost what I paid for it last June.  It was several thousand below comparably equipped new boats.  I only had one person out of close to a dozen calls that mentioned the 5 year vs 2 year warranty.  

6 hours ago, bamabonners said:

We just haven't been using the boat this year and it didn't look like it was going to change, so we decided to sell it.  I loved the Axis T22.  It was my favorite that I've owned.

It is going to a family that I know will use the crap out of it on Lake Watauga in Tennessee.  They are from NC and know @thtrog  . 

They say this should be a happy day, but I sure don't believe it.  I love boating and being on the water.  It is a huge part of the memories I have of being a kid - camping and boating was what we did every weekend in East Texas.  Maybe in the future, we'll have more time to get back to it.

That was quick! Maybe my son will get to ride it when he visits Watauga. Hit me up if you ever pass through central NC, everyone should experience a G. 

3 hours ago, thtrog said:

That was quick! Maybe my son will get to ride it when he visits Watauga. Hit me up if you ever pass through central NC, everyone should experience a G. 

I have relatives in Raleigh (clayton actually)...  We'll be in Myrtle Beach this October.  Maybe I can take a day and head your way for a lesson!

Not surprised by the quick sale... when you build stand out boats like that, they don't sit around. 

Sorry to see you out of boating, Bama. But from one boat flipper to another... well done!  

Please don't be a stranger