Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Washing the boat on the lift

MadDogMike

Being on a lift eight or nine months a year I will do work on my boat on the lift. If I was doing any significant work on the lift I do add safety straps to add a safe zone for cable brake. It is not very likely if you are not moving the lift up or down but only takes a very short time to do it. And that is if I am on the lift or under it not in the boat. I have done more then one prop change I have done some paddle wheel work. I also just do inspections one or two times a year. Just need to work smart not to drop anything.

13 minutes ago, Sixball said:

Just need to work smart not to drop anything.

Sometimes I'm not so smart so I've got one of these hanging near the docks.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_13180_13180?cm_mmc=Bing-pla&utm_source=Bing_PLA&utm_medium=Metal%20Fabrication%20%3E%20Magnets&utm_campaign=A.M.K.%20Magnetics&utm_content=150145

23 minutes ago, Sixball said:

Being on a lift eight or nine months a year I will do work on my boat on the lift. If I was doing any significant work on the lift I do add safety straps to add a safe zone for cable brake. It is not very likely if you are not moving the lift up or down but only takes a very short time to do it. And that is if I am on the lift or under it not in the boat. I have done more then one prop change I have done some paddle wheel work. I also just do inspections one or two times a year. Just need to work smart not to drop anything.

depends on the type of boat too.  I would feel a lot more comfortable working under a response with safety straps than a G23

4 hours ago, minnmarker said:

I have one of those also!  Use it more putting docks in but a handy tool!

4 hours ago, bamaboy said:

depends on the type of boat too.  I would feel a lot more comfortable working under a response with safety straps than a G23

Yeper!   I have thought about putting a hole in my four corner posts at the top and using a steel bar or something. If I had to do a lot of work I would make something better. I also have good depth I could swim out if you were still conchies?  And always watch so you don't have an arm or leg between the lifting cradle and the frame!  OSHA might not be happy. :whistle: