Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wax for bottom of boat

jbower

Which wax would work the best on the bottom of a hull?  I  have a 99 SSVLX and when I bought it it was pretty dirty on the bottom side so I acid washed it. It was clean until a couple days in the lake. Obviously I need to acid wash it again but what is a good wax to use after the fact?

Trust me I don't want to wax it but I thought that was about the only way to keep it from getting nasty. Although it does sit on a lift it still seems like hours at the sandbar and what not has already got it a little nasty looking

9 hours ago, braindamage said:

I thought waxing the bottom was a bad thing cuz it creates laminar vs turbulent water flow and therefore more drag?

It's turbulent flow regardless once your past 5 mph or so.

2 minutes ago, Cory said:

It's turbulent flow regardless once your past 5 mph or so.

Didn't know...now you've ruined my perfectly created rationalization. ?

im still not waxing the bottom. It's too much of a PITA

How fast, for how long do you need to go before all the wax is ripped off. I'd bet not to far. I think about waxing under there but then realize I have better things to procrastinate about.:beer: