Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am I looking for a unicorn?

jester3653

I live in Raleigh, NC.

I'm looking to buy some Wet Sounds gear.

I'd like to find a dealer that will sell me what I'm after for:

- free shipping

- no NC sales tax

- at least a 10% discount off MSRP, more like 15 would be sweet

I mean, certainly such a thing exits, no?  For the love of all things audio, there's gotta be at least 30 points of margin in this stuff if your a dealer. Why be greedy?  Cut a hard working 'Merican a little break.

Anyone have a WS's dealer they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

After being ignored too many times by my local dealer I ended up calling Earmark. It was getting into peak stereo season at the time and my dual tower mounts were put on b/o, but they stayed on top of it. I got the paid Crew member discount and shipping was free for the amount of coin I dropped.

Thanks, wdr.  I need to renew my paid supporter membership.  How long ago did you use the paid crew member discount you mention?  Is it still active and available?

Jesse,

Yes, Odin with Earmark Marine is a great source for Wetsounds. He has progressive forum, zone and system discounts. The best technical knowledge and support.      ....if you are planning to do the installation yourself. However, if you are dependent on the local Wetsounds dealer for the installation, it's much better to work things out with the local guy.  

16 hours ago, jester3653 said:

I live in Raleigh, NC.

I'm looking to buy some Wet Sounds gear.

I'd like to find a dealer that will sell me what I'm after for:

- free shipping

- no NC sales tax

- at least a 10% discount off MSRP, more like 15 would be sweet

I mean, certainly such a thing exits, no?  For the love of all things audio, there's gotta be at least 30 points of margin in this stuff if your a dealer. Why be greedy?  Cut a hard working 'Merican a little break.

Anyone have a WS's dealer they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

Jesse - where do you boat?  I live in Wake Forest and bought a 23 LSV from Grandpas in Greensboro and boat on Kerr Lake on the NC side. I may have a good option for you....drop me a PM if interested. 

Never hurts to start local. I would be surprised if you could not get a package discount, as well as they are typically a great resource for design, installation and tuning support and local. No shipping charges, but someone would have to pay the sales tax though. Just to state the obvious, sales tax is not an income account for the retailer, it goes right on to the county penny for penny. 

If there is not a local outlet for you to work with, I also recommend reaching out to Earmark Marine. They are an authorized Wet Sounds online retailer, so they can trans-ship the product to you. May be some shipping, but no sales tax. 

I'm planning to do the work myself, so I am primarily seeking the most cost effective route. There's a dealer in Charlotte - their not interested in anything but MSRP. 

There is a dealer in Durham as well. They are willing to discount enough to just about negate the NC sales tax. 

I'll give Earmark a call.

I'm just figuring theirs likely 30-40 points of margin in this stuff, and there must be someone out there who move in volume, not in getting every penny at MSRP.  I sell myself for a living, and no one pays MSRP for anything. Just need to find the right place.