Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Rear seat remote forcing volume to max???

oregoncrew

My 2012 LSV has a rear seat remote that controls a bunch of stuff and we never use it. For some reason it is freaking out and causing the volume to go to max as soon as stereo turns on. Anyone heard of this? Strange thing is that there is a quick connect behind the remote panel but when you disconnect it kills the head unit too??? Is it in some kind of loop? Very frustrating, dealer recommends a new unit of course!!

I had a wire connection break on the rear seat MUX and it didn't do that, it was just a dead MUX until I fixed the wire connection. Sounds like the dealer is throwing $300.00 parts at the problem. More likely the problem is located somewhere else and that MUX just happens to be in the loop. There are some real knowledgable stereo guys on here that I am sure will steer you straight. Good luck.

Edited by wdr