Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a little help getting the limit raised on our local lake

04 VLX WINDERMERE UK

Hi

You may recall me asking for your help once before, we are limited to 11.6 MPH on our lake in the UK but are trying to get an increase when towing boarders. The local paper is running a on line vote.  Please can you vote to help fellow wakeboarder across the pond!

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/14605292._Double_Windermere_speed_limit__plea/

Its my god son in the photo, and thats what water skiing looks like at 11.6 mph!

Many thanks

I helped you out.

I am wondering why any lake would ever have a speed limit of 11. That speed would be the most destructive to the docks and shorelines because of the size of wake the boats would be putting out. 

• Like 1

My vote as well as long as the lake is large enough. My grandma lives on a smaller lake that is about 120acres and they have the rules enforced of 10mph except from 1pm to 4pm then it's ski time. Completely understandable in this kind of situation but from 1-4 it is extremely busy and rough

8 hours ago, jbower said:

My vote as well as long as the lake is large enough. My grandma lives on a smaller lake that is about 120acres and they have the rules enforced of 10mph except from 1pm to 4pm then it's ski time. Completely understandable in this kind of situation but from 1-4 it is extremely busy and rough

It's 3,640 acres, so not small, we are looking for a system to be introduced, something like the one you mension.

thanks for you vote.

OK voted yes, as an ex-pat from Somerset, that is a small lake, the one I live on is medium size and it is 18,000 acres, good luck with your appeal and congrats on Brexit.