Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kicker kmt67 on Illusion Tower

Vic

Hi 

I'm hoping to buy a set of Kicker KMT67 for my 2008 Iride with illusion tower, but I am not seeing any mounting options.  Can anybody offer mounting advice for the Illusion tower?

Thanks

Illusion or Illusion X? The Illusion is the all composite. I dont recall the cross hoop being very round. I think the round clamps with the KMT67 might be a tough fit. 

Sorry I don't really know how to tell which version it is.  

I'm going to order the speakers and try them.  I'll post back in case anyone else is interested.  Cheers.

X has a removable tubular rear hoop, original illusion is one piece and the rear hoop is not very round, more oval. As much as i like the KMT67, I dont think the clamps will fit the hoop of the illusion. They will fit the diameter of the X, but the degree of the arch may be an issue as the clamps are fixed to the pod. 

Thanks for the input.  Having to redo the head unit, towers, amps and in-boats.  Budget is keeping me in the KMTs.  I got the Kickers for 465 shipped, no tax, Icons were 699 plus shipping. I know it's not a lot, but pays for the new head.  

I've already ordered them, so I hope my install guy can figure something out, or else I just made an expensive mistake.

Looks like you have a bunch of mounting holes on the tower.  Maybe could get someone to fab up a hoop out of some aluminum plate and tube to mount them on.

• 2 weeks later...

That rear tube is round and the KMTs came with about a hundred different mounting brackets and shims.  Even my installer was surprised.  Should pick the boat up tomorrow.  I'll post the results

I love my kickers. They are in the factory cans horn on each side. Thinking about putting 2 more of the kicker horns in. Super pound and they can handle the juice.

22 minutes ago, skylerchamblee said:

Thinking about putting 2 more of the kicker horns in

Wanting more form the compression driver? What position is the jumper in? You'd likely want a 2nd pair of mid-bass drivers if you moved the jumper though.

2 hours ago, MLA said:

Wanting more form the compression driver? What position is the jumper in? You'd likely want a 2nd pair of mid-bass drivers if you moved the jumper though.

Its on the +6 side. Everyone tells me that it sounds great at a distance. Which is what I wanted. I just need to replace the inboats. I'm extremely happy with it tho.