Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

will vent line function properly if run below top of bag

I added a vent line as shown in this thread:

For a cleaner install, I ran the line up under the seat back then looped it up in gunnel to prevent passive draining since my bag goes higher than vent hole. Will the vent still work correctly and force the air out?  I'm wondering if since I ran the line below the highest point in the bag, the air won't go "down" the line but remain in the higher point in the bag?  

It will function fine as a vent to relieve pressure, but if the outlet hole is below the top of the bag it can drain the tank with a siphon effect.  If you force water into the line by overfilling the bag then you create a siphon and it will bring the water in the bag down to the level of the outlet no matter how high the tubing is routed under the gunnel.  That's why Bakes has those anti siphon loops. They let the air back into the loop and prevent the siphoning.

It will be close when sitting still, prob not when on plane.  Will see if it drains at all on Sat.

4 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Will the vent still be lower than the bag when the bag is full and the boat in the water tilted back? (sacs in the rear, vent toward the front)