Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Columbia River Boaters- HELP!

-BS-

5 hours ago, DAI said:

Boat on this pre-wrap (scroll down a little):  https://www.facebook.com/warfighteroutfitters/photos

Ho. Lee. Smokes.  That boat is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!   I wonder what he has powering that bad boy?!  Gotta be something huge given it's a jet, eh?  Stick steer too!?!? !:drool:  I saw one almost exactly like that a couple years back but it was outboard & standard helm.  Dude had trip 300's!  :lol:  Nothing like having 100k wrapped up in just your motors, eh?!  (just found the boat build photos, it's a 6.2 LS3) 

Annnyway, sorry......got caught up drooling.  Nope, that's not it, but thanks for the respite......and THANKS for helping!  Can't believe how on it all of you guys are.  I've been chasing every lead you give me, so keep 'em coming if you see anything!!  :salute:

Edited by -BS-
22 hours ago, skurfer said:

B- So sorry this happened. Scary. Glad you are OK. Do you think he saw you or completely clueless? Fishermen can be tough. This spring we've had a few run-ins. We were working and water testing boats, they get all puffy chested and think they own the river. It's a public river! Your story reminds me of 2 stories I have:

1) My bachelor party at the lake 2005. We are surfing a lot in our bay. Dude in a fishing boat buzzes the back of our boat towing his kids on a tube. Really close.. Turns out he is the son of the owner a few cabins down from us, so we boat up to his dock and confront him. At this point we can tell he is highly intoxicated. We idle back to our dock and park the boat and head up to the deck to start the bbq. Neighbor to the South alerts us that another neighbor called him and says the guy is headed our way via beach. He walks up our stairs to our deck to find 20 dudes that are ready to pound him. You should have seen the look on his face. Priceless. He slowly backs down the stairs like a dog with his tail in between his legs... He thought we were 'campers from the next bay over hogging his bay'... (again, public lake) Last we ever saw or heard from the guy. No joke, 2 summers later a tree fell on their boat in a wind storm. Karma!!!! Last I ever saw of the boat..

2) This one was a few weeks ago. Boat family who goes to same church as my partner are on their boat on the upper Willy. They are anchored/floating, kids swimming in the water. Another boat headed straight at them. 4 adults on board the oncoming boat, none of them see them.. 300, 200, 100 yards. Horn, waving, screaming...Direct hit, over the transom, prop shreds the interior apart, boat destroyed. Little girl has majority of her leg severed by the prop :( Children's hospital has saved her leg last I heard. Circle back before we heard of this accident. Service customer comes in without his boat, says he wrecked his boat on logs or a dead head on the Upper Willamette. States that the damage isn't that bad, maybe $2-6k he states. Wants us to buy the boat at a discount, fix it and sell it. We simply state we need to see the boat. You wouldn't believe the stories we hear of people hitting submerged objects, saying it's not that bad and in reality it is thousands of dollars worth of damage. To make a long story short. The customer that said he hit logs on the Upper Willy is the one who hit the family!!!! Really? What is wrong with people? 

So happy you are alive B.

This story makes me sick to my stomach. Knowing you and your "boat partner" makes me feel even sadder cuz I know how that accident must have affected you two. I really wish there was something I could do for that family. 

Sheesh... what are you even supposed to do in such an event?  And why is that guy not in jail??

Where exactly did this happen. That's my territory!!

12 hours ago, -BS- said:

@jk13

Well, for now I'm letting Clark County Marine Patrol do their job and just trying to assist with any additional information I can gather for them.  I'm actually blown away by how helpful the Deputy has been and how seriously he's taking it.  I kinda expected them to say "meh, stuff happens", but he has been following up on every angle available, and even discussing the possibility of charging him with criminal endangerment.  (That's gonna require me to track down the witnesses on the other boats though..... Again; I'm kicking myself for not collecting this info!!!) 

Now that said, I'm really hoping they find him before I run into him again on the water, because every time I replay the incident in my head, and remember that 'oh my god, I'm really going to die right now' feeling........ my blood absolutely boils.

And the part of the story I didn't even get into.... the part that I even have trouble typing without getting a little emotional.... is the part where 3 minutes before this happened, I had my 5 year old daughter in the water with me, trying to get her up (with me) on her very first surf run.  THANKFULLY, at the very last second, she chickened out and got back in the boat..... I said "ok, l'll just take a quick set since I'm in the water" ...... Not 2 minutes later this all happened.  Ugh.  

Again, thanks to everyone who is spending even 1 second helping me with this. You guys are awesome! 

Trust me when I say that I mean this is a very generic (i.e. non-religious) way...

But the words "divine intervention" come to mind when I think of your little girl somehow deciding "not today, Daddy."  

Very different dynamic if she's in there with you.