Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
triscadek

Decent Board Racks?

Recommended Posts

triscadek

Looking for a set of racks, not sure what is good and what is junk. Don't want to break the bank, they need to be black in color, swivel isn't a necessity but would be cool depending on price. I'd like one to hold a wakeboard and a thick surf board, the other to hold a wakeboard and a knee board... Ideas??? 

Thanks! ???

Share this post


Link to post
triscadek

What kind of mounts do I need for them to mount to my tower? It's a bar they clamp on to

Share this post


Link to post
minnmarker
1 hour ago, triscadek said:

What kind of mounts do I need for them to mount to my tower? It's a bar they clamp on to

Depends on what tower you have... Go to their web site.  Lots of tube clamp and direct bolt on options plus swivel of quick disconnect options.

Share this post


Link to post
triscadek
On July 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM, minnmarker said:

Depends on what tower you have... Go to their web site.  Lots of tube clamp and direct bolt on options plus swivel of quick disconnect options.

I'm not sure what tower, whatever came factory on an 00 23 LSV

Share this post


Link to post
minnmarker

If it's tubular you just need the tubing diameter. If not look at pics till you find it. Possibly Illusion?

Share this post


Link to post
DaDeuce

Are those Krypt racks any good? I noticed that I can get 2 wake/surf/wake swivels for less than the price of 1 swivel from Samson.

Share this post


Link to post
minnmarker
22 hours ago, DaDeuce said:

Are those Krypt racks any good? I noticed that I can get 2 wake/surf/wake swivels for less than the price of 1 swivel from Samson.

I wasn't sure either so ordered just the port side surf/surf swivel rack.  Liked it and then ordered the starboard side.  All the parts are machined out of aluminum and are heavy and strong.  I think the only down side it that since they are "universal" there is a separate adapter piece that attaches to the tower - and then the rack, quick release, or swivel attaches to the adapter.  Here' a picture of the racks on my boat.  The swivels are on an arm that extends backwards for the Illusion tower so the racks can rotate inside the boat. Sorry it's not a closeup of the racks.  Maybe not as slick as the more expensive ones but I'm happy with them.  The openings are wide enough to put slalom skis in.

DSCF2121r.jpg.9f70b9fcc629721a1e94487bcb

 

Share this post


Link to post
DaDeuce
13 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

I wasn't sure either so ordered just the port side surf/surf swivel rack.  Liked it and then ordered the starboard side.  All the parts are machined out of aluminum and are heavy and strong.  I think the only down side it that since they are "universal" there is a separate adapter piece that attaches to the tower - and then the rack, quick release, or swivel attaches to the adapter.  Here' a picture of the racks on my boat.  The swivels are on an arm that extends backwards for the Illusion tower so the racks can rotate inside the boat. Sorry it's not a closeup of the racks.  Maybe not as slick as the more expensive ones but I'm happy with them.  The openings are wide enough to put slalom skis in.

DSCF2121r.jpg.9f70b9fcc629721a1e94487bcb

 

Mark, Can you clarify for me, it looks like these are slightly offset to the rear of the tower? Does this allow them to swivel more easily?

Share this post


Link to post
Gavin17

They have to be set back  to swivel.  They rotate around the rear of the tower.  If they were mounted to the tower they would have to be on a swiveling arm or something to keep them from hitting the tower when they swivel.   

Share this post


Link to post
minnmarker
1 hour ago, DaDeuce said:

Mark, Can you clarify for me, it looks like these are slightly offset to the rear of the tower? Does this allow them to swivel more easily?

Yep, as Gavin17 said, they have to be set to the rear to swivel.  Since the Illusion tower has a pretty steep forward sweep, the arm is a benefit in that it put the rack in a better spot in the cabin when you rotate it inwards.

Share this post


Link to post
DaDeuce
9 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Yep, as Gavin17 said, they have to be set to the rear to swivel.  Since the Illusion tower has a pretty steep forward sweep, the arm is a benefit in that it put the rack in a better spot in the cabin when you rotate it inwards.

Mark, You said you ordered port and starboard sides separately? On bulletlines.com it doesn't have options for either side, it just lists the racks? Is the mounting portion the same and maybe just flips over?

Share this post


Link to post
minnmarker

You have to respond to the email order confirmation or just call. I think the guys name is Kent. Nice guy.

Share this post


Link to post
sonny20

Nice-rack.com has racks with a thicker center finger that prevents board chatter and actually rubber wrap the outside of the center finger to prevent board damage when loading.

 

Share this post


Link to post
MUM3

Any chance anyone has better pictures of this rack/swivel setup?  Thanks in advance. . . 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...