Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

16 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

@shawndoggy Is that the new camera? Picture looks amazing!

Nope, that's the old one.  It actually does real well in daylight, but falls flat in low light / indoor light situations (high iso).  new camera is supposed to have a lot less noise in high ISO situations.

Edited by shawndoggy
Just now, theGrant said:

Nice pic! The water there looks absolutely amazing! Where is this?

Pyramid Lake, NV.  It's the natural terminus for water flowing out of Lake Tahoe.

Really starting to question whether I'll EVER ride out a 360?  This was attempt #7 or so.  I'm spinning them all just fine, but usually either over-spinning or, washing out on my toe edge, or as in this instance, pearling after I get around.

• Like 1

washing out that toe edge looks like it a weight shift thing, you are heavy on the left leg. 

ive done several of them , but i still have bouts of them where i cant seem to replicate the propper body movement.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Really starting to question whether I'll EVER ride out a 360?  This was attempt #7 or so.  I'm spinning them all just fine, but usually either over-spinning or, washing out on my toe edge, or as in this instance, pearling after I get around.

Try getting a little more forward momentum before you throw the 360. 

Just now, 05hammerhead said:

Try getting a little more forward momentum before you throw the 360. 

I wish that were the problem.  It's not going out the back that's the issue, it's getting back on my edge and catching the wave again.  

Just now, shawndoggy said:

I wish that were the problem.  It's not going out the back that's the issue, it's getting back on my edge and catching the wave again.  

But it looks like your getting too heavy on your front foot trying to save from falling out the back and its sinking.  Center your weight will help too.  You shouldnt need to drag your hand as much as you are.  Thatll throw you off balance as well.

You aren't spinning flat.  I think the problem is the start.  You are folding over the side of the board, instead of keeping the shoulders over your hips.  that makes you keep spinning till you get balance.  By then you have over rotated.  On my skim style I throw my 3's further back on the wave than where I would with a surf board.  Granted my 3's on the skim aren't consistent yet, but I do land them.  I would try to start the trick a little bit furth back where the wave isn't as punishing when your weight isn't right, and concentrate on rotating with your shoulders over your hips.  Also, I can't look for the eyelet...I always over rotate.  When coming out of the spin I look for the spray from the bow of the boat.

• Like 3

Taking notes.  My spins look just like SD's, spinning is easy, I just don't seem to be in the right spot upon completion and then I over-rotate and compound the problem and fall out.  On the rare occasion I actually do complete the rotation and end up in a good spot it's like I'm completely stopped of all forward movement and I fall out as well.  Maybe it's my crappy wave...yeah gotta be the wave.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Get alittle more speed towards the boat instead of flat spinning it. Gotta set that edge after you come around to lock back into the ave as well. Super close and good technique other wise. My stats have went to s*** this year as well I'm like 1/10 now where last year I was at least 1/2.

8 hours ago, wakedncsu said:

You aren't spinning flat.  I think the problem is the start.  You are folding over the side of the board, instead of keeping the shoulders over your hips.  that makes you keep spinning till you get balance.  By then you have over rotated.  On my skim style I throw my 3's further back on the wave than where I would with a surf board.  Granted my 3's on the skim aren't consistent yet, but I do land them.  I would try to start the trick a little bit furth back where the wave isn't as punishing when your weight isn't right, and concentrate on rotating with your shoulders over your hips.  Also, I can't look for the eyelet...I always over rotate.  When coming out of the spin I look for the spray from the bow of the boat.

Boom.  Great analysis. 

You're leaning over (at your hips) way too far to initiate it.  You're even holding that position through the first 100° of the spin.  The reason you're having multiple types of unpredictable misses is because you're having to overcompensate as you come around (to get that weight back where it needs to be) and depending on when, exactly, you do that it equates to too much back foot/ front foot /back edge/ front edge.

Like he^ said.... Keep those shoulders over your hips as much as possible....Then turn your head and keep turning it.....then "spot your landing" by finding a fixed point to look at when you come around.  

Dont even think about spinning the board.  That board will follow your chin.  

Youll get it!  And bc the rest of your technique and feel is so sound .... you'll probably get it... and continue getting it over and over. 

• Like 3