Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

3 hours ago, NorNevRider said:

You gotta love Pyramid water. Everyone we show our surf pics to says the same thing. "Where is that Lake? Our water doesn't look like that." I'm surprised that you ran into a tuber at 9 AM this weekend. There were a few people on Labor Day weekend, but it's pretty easy to be alone out there.

We were at Lahontan on Sunday.  Did you go to pyramid yesterday?  My thought was that with the wind overnight it'd still be rolling pretty good until 1:00 or so.  Lahontan flattens out much quicker.

17 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

We were at Lahontan on Sunday.  Did you go to pyramid yesterday?  My thought was that with the wind overnight it'd still be rolling pretty good until 1:00 or so.  Lahontan flattens out much quicker.

We were, and Pyramid was mostly glass. The last 2 Sundays have been amazing especially from Windless north on the west side. Labor Day weekend we had 2 boats as Lyle has his new 24 MXZ (pretty boat). Water is cooling off a bit though only reaching a high of 77 degrees. It's funny how most boats don't venture past Windless. I know Lahontan is warmer but that water is brown!

17 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

By the way, nice riding in your video. It looks like you are liking that Victoria board. Is it wider than the Phase 5 Diamond? It looks really symmetrical and made to ride revert.

1 hour ago, NorNevRider said:

We were, and Pyramid was mostly glass. The last 2 Sundays have been amazing especially from Windless north on the west side. Labor Day weekend we had 2 boats as Lyle has his new 24 MXZ (pretty boat). Water is cooling off a bit though only reaching a high of 77 degrees. It's funny how most boats don't venture past Windless. I know Lahontan is warmer but that water is brown!

yeah, as counter-intuitive as it is, Lahontan is also spotless on the boat despite the less attractive water.  I just did a polish/wax job and the thought of getting pyramid off the boat again bums me out!

How early did it glass out?

Lahontan is no warmer than pyramid, esp the north/shallower areas (warriors to willows).  Lahontan always has a flow through it whereas pyramid is stagnant up there and can really warm up.  We saw 70-76* on Sunday (70 in the a.m. and 76 by 4:00 or so)

1 hour ago, NorNevRider said:

By the way, nice riding in your video. It looks like you are liking that Victoria board. Is it wider than the Phase 5 Diamond? It looks really symmetrical and made to ride revert.

Thanks!  I'm not sure... been a long time since I've ridden a P5. it's wider than my earlier victoria factor by about an inch overall.  Which doesn't sound like much but definitely does change how the board rides.  We had another beginner up and riding on it too, which is such a nice change from the earlier factor shape, which nobody but me liked (very flat, very easy to pearl).

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

yeah, as counter-intuitive as it is, Lahontan is also spotless on the boat despite the less attractive water.  I just did a polish/wax job and the thought of getting pyramid off the boat again bums me out!

How early did it glass out?

Lahontan is no warmer than pyramid, esp the north/shallower areas (warriors to willows).  Lahontan always has a flow through it whereas pyramid is stagnant up there and can really warm up.  We saw 70-76* on Sunday (70 in the a.m. and 76 by 4:00 or so)

Thanks!  I'm not sure... been a long time since I've ridden a P5. it's wider than my earlier victoria factor by about an inch overall.  Which doesn't sound like much but definitely does change how the board rides.  We had another beginner up and riding on it too, which is such a nice change from the earlier factor shape, which nobody but me liked (very flat, very easy to pearl).

The Labor Day Sunday it was glass from about 8:30. Last Sunday, it was about 10 when it stopped rolling. It's been a lot easier to clean up our boat since we started using products instead of vinegar water. We thank you for that suggestion. The only bad part is around the rear wet storage compartments. The salt is tough to clean off of that seating area and the engine/PNP covers. So the new Factor has a bit of tail and nose rocker?

Couple of weekends ago wife scheduled a PTO day on Thursday for some weekday surfing, had time so she practiced her backside  surfing and toe side, next night we went night surfing on Friday after work in the Intercoastal , check out the flare in the middle to end, it’s an industrial canal , great time on almost full moon

click the HD button to really see the flare 

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/videos/844814425711017/

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/videos/844855645706895/

Night Surf with burn off flare !

https://www.facebook.com/100005474021989/posts/846260035566456/

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We’ll keep the water warm for you winter guys

https://www.facebook.com/100005474021989/posts/877111155814677/

71 Saturday, 85 on Sunday with little wind

by mid February we should be at 225+ hours for the year at 670 hours

luv the South

we may have finally broken our strong rain pattern we’ve had since February 

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:48 AM, shawndoggy said:

67375434_10217363593414792_1792002407639

67214794_10217363594374816_5098881948567

Man I gotta know how you get out of the water and off the wave like that. 

Edited by Elkinsa