Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

@isellacuras gave me some tips on wave setup and wow what a difference!

Those who can’t do, teach. Lol. Glad it worked out. Maybe I can come hitch a ride with you and try out your set up. I can ride the snot out of mine long line at 17-18 mph but I can’t get it to fly my fat a$$ at surf speed. Trying to research larger setups and have found one that should work but don’t want to spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to upgrade to what I “think” I need. I also have an email in to slingshot to see if there might be a more affordable option. 

Edited by isellacuras
  • 1 month later...

Probably the last surf day of the season up here in Quebec last weekend. Not sure what the water temp was but air was 45F in the afternoon. When I got up in the morning, it was 37F :crazy:

My wife is a true warrior, she insisted to go for a last session :thumbup:

20191005_151200_001.jpg

SmartSelect_20191011-095213_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by JulioEstevez
  • Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very spring like yesterday , no wet suit.  At the end of day it was 79/67.  80 ++ tomorrow , a huge flair from refinery that you could feel the heat driving buy 

This is our normal this time of year , we missed the last 5 weekends  on water due to chilly which never happens ,  we don’t really have a fall season, usually we go straight into 2nd week of December with no wet suit

0C539458-FA3C-4ED2-B8F7-9BEA33A47805.jpeg

5BD5BEA1-6E34-45B4-A3A0-7777B9F5F384.jpeg

48833E00-9A60-4BB3-8F61-1A81AD3FFC2B.jpeg

2BDEA778-8D77-427B-B9E4-B86BB5BD203E.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2
On 11/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, hethj7 said:

What refinery?

Shell/Motiva Norco, LA adjacent to the Bonnet Carre spillway that drains the Mississippi into our local lake during g spring ,  2.75 miles long canal tree lined, there are two canals like this but we can no longer access the second due to bad launch and a shallow connection canal 

Edited by granddaddy55

This Sunday, beautiful Sunny  day on the water with no traffic ,   Was actually 72 air /62-64 water tops still with no wet suit.  We went south of the city  to get the hottest air, water and very little wind away from the colder lake north of city 

lots of fun surf but wife said no way she’s getting in even with a 3/2

end of day it said 80 air from the heat of sun but it wasn’t ,  did find some warmer water late 

36A0C847-E6FC-4ECA-A878-C6CFA0268F77.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

Can't wait for summer. I had to make another video. :thumbup:

The good, the bad and the ugly.  I like it.  Nice video.  I definitely miss the pic's and video's this time of year.  I don't ride my broadcast anymore, but did you have 3 fins in that when people are doing 360's on it?

1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

The good, the bad and the ugly.  I like it.  Nice video.  I definitely miss the pic's and video's this time of year.  I don't ride my broadcast anymore, but did you have 3 fins in that when people are doing 360's on it?

Exactly why I made this. I was missing it here in these single digit temps. Freaking sucks!!!

I don't ride my broadcast anymore either, I've moved on to a HiFi with no fins.

But to answer your question... YES! Pretty much all my crew learned 360's on the Broadcast with all 3 stock fins in. So going from that Broadcast to the HiFi with it's three 1 inch fins was mind blowingly difficult. Now I removed the fins on the HiFi and can spin that thing like a top. So much fun!

• 4 months later...

My 7 year old daughter is so used to me wiping out trying to do 360’s that she yelled down to my wife and stopped recording before I even hit the water. This was by best attempt to date. I had at least another 2-3 seconds left.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:54 PM, CBray4 said:

Exactly why I made this. I was missing it here in these single digit temps. Freaking sucks!!!

I don't ride my broadcast anymore either, I've moved on to a HiFi with no fins.

But to answer your question... YES! Pretty much all my crew learned 360's on the Broadcast with all 3 stock fins in. So going from that Broadcast to the HiFi with it's three 1 inch fins was mind blowingly difficult. Now I removed the fins on the HiFi and can spin that thing like a top. So much fun!

I kept waiting to see the Silver and Black Malibu in the background somewhere.  LOL  Good video!!!

Edited by MWalkerPLS
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...