Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower wobble

GranvilleMalibu23

The illusion tower on our 2005 is beginning to show signs of enjoyment. When pulling a wakeboarder, there is some front to rear "rocking" of the upper tower section as the rider increases or decreases "pull". When dropping the tower this weekend, the rear "bolt" thru hole appears a bit irregular and enlarged. The elastic gasket material normally sandwiched between the tower sections also appears shot.

Is this a normal maintenance issue? Is it necessary to enlarge the bolt thru holes for installation of a bushing? Would replacement gasket material be available?  Thanks for your input.

4 minutes ago, GranvilleMalibu23 said:

Is this a normal maintenance issue? Is it necessary to enlarge the bolt thru holes for installation of a bushing? Would replacement gasket material be available?  Thanks for your input.

Yes, no, no.

Contact your local Moomba dealer. Or Google it. There is a McMaster Carr part number for the bushing somewhere.

I did all the bushings ect...a last year in our tower. Didn't go thru hassle of trying to make sure I had the right parts so I just ordered all the stuff thru Bakes on line. Some threads on how to do it yourself if ya search the site.  Ya want to fix it before it gets worse tho as a friend of mine let his go to long and had holes get out of round that pins go thru and his bushings now wear out every other season.

Just spoke to the guys at Bakes Marine. Good group, spent lots of time on the phone understanding my needs and trying to help. Seems I have the first generation illusion tower, allen head thru bolts and no bushings. Any remedy come to mind?