Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Law for Wakesurfing in NSW Australia

mkpursehouse

After some discussions yesterday I would appear that Maritime may well be changing there wording soon to basicly require a pipe of some description.

Good for those without cats as standard but means that FAE will be needed. Pity it isn't available here. Freight is going to be a b****.

• 2 years later...

i know this hasnt been replied to in a while, however i recently sold my moomba and bought a 06 vride and made my own turn down pipes from PVC piping... however on the weekend they blew straight off.....
i decided to read the laws they have on RMS and yes it still states that you are to have a carbon monoxide mitigation in place, however it doesnt say exactly what that is meant to be or express exact details on what you can or cant have.
from my point of thinking as long as the exhaust is going into the water while you wakeboard or surf  its well behind you after any monoxide is near you,
has anyone come in contact with maratime lately?
i had a run in during the summer with my moomba and he was pretty polite and leanient and just advised me that i should put some sort of fitting, however he couldnt give me an exact answer as to what to put on there,
i guess at the end of the day, its very ambigious and what really states mitigating carbon monoxide is completely up to the individual, unless they can come up with some test then i doubt they can really enforce anything.