Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Propeller weed cutters (Prop Protector)

jacobaa

Hi, can anyone recommend a good attachment for conventional shaft driven Malibu. Our lake has ton of Milfoil this year and we spend way too much time reversing them off.

There appears to be two types, Scissor and/or Disc Cutters.

Any recommends is greatly appreciated.

Boat: 2014 VLX w/350 Monsoon

Thanks

Edited by jacobaa

Milfoil sucks.  We had it pretty bad on our chain a few years ago and then the DNR got involved and now it gets chemically treated and hand pulled.  If your lake association doesn't address the issue it will keep getting worse and kill off the good plant life and fish.  I can't help you our with the cutters but I feel your pain.    

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, pkenney said:

The lake skied on for 20 years. Is full of milfoil. We have not put a boat in lake for 3 years.lake is now covered 75% weeds.

That's a shame, I know what its like.

About 10 years ago my Lake Committe stocked our lake with 25k Weevils or three years for a total of 75k. To many peoples disbelif they did the trick and really knocked back the Mifoil. It's slowly starting to thicken again but seem to die off around this time of year.