Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 birds with one stone

NCSurfing

Hey guys...2 unrelated questions that came up after a long weekend of use;

1- my wife is complaining of not being able to see over the bow while surfing. '15 23 LSV with 600 lb pnps in the rear and factory surf settings. Any idea how to drop the bow?

2- I've got black interior and the sunscreen from passengers is turning it white. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to get it out. What will pull it out AND then what can I put on it to keep it from absorbing it moving forward?

Add some ballast in the bow. I'd start with 400lbs, and adjust from there. Did you not get the power seat? I don't have experience with the 2016 vinyl, so I can't comment there. 

You need to add bow weight to offset your pnp in the rear.  You can run the wedge in the lift position and that will help lower the bow but it will sacrifice some push in the wave

Yes to bow weight I am running a 750 with a good view. Dish soap and elbow grease should be your best and safest friend for lotion removal. I would say that if you can figure out how to stop it from happening again you need to patent your solution! My best guess would be 303 or a like product followed by changing the lotion you allow on the boat and lastly and not very practical, using towels.

Edited by wdr

Q1. More weight in the bow; add a triangle up there and it will drop the bow quite a bit. I also run the wedge "2 clicks down" and this lowers the bow vs. all the way down or "two clicks up" like a lot of people run. Make sure the flip-up bolster is up and have her sit on that. My wife is 5' 4" and can see over the bow just fine.

Q2. Aerospace 303 vinyl cleaner followed by Aerospace 303 vinyl protectant. Most people use the protectant to clean and that just doesn't cut it. The cleaner is clear and the protectant is white so you can tell the difference. I also had custom seat covers made from "bath sheet" (Costco) towels to keep the vinyl protected, the seats cooler, the kids "stuff" from staining the seats, and to avoid issues like you're running in to. They dry overnight and if they're too messy I just throw them in the washing machine. The vinyl stays a clean as the day I got the boat.

BTW: Do NOT use a magic eraser on your upholstery. It's like taking sandpaper to a brand new car; just don't do it!

• Like 1