Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
H2

VIN?

H2

Hi. Just bought a 1996 Response LX and cant find the VIN number. Can anyone help with were to look?

jk13

My 94 is on the transom below the rub rail "stamped" into the gel coat on the outside of the boat.

OLDGUY

braindamage
4 hours ago, jk13 said:

My 94 is on the transom below the rub rail "stamped" into the gel coat on the outside of the boat.

^^^ this

85 Barefoot

VINs aren't found on boats.

....they have hull Id #s

;)

wdr

Different boat and a big year gap, but on my '10 the HIN is also riveted to the gunnel behind the observers seat cushion below where your right arm would be resting if looking aft.

dlb

Right side of the transom below the rub rail is the first place to look.

H2

Thanks everyone. Yes I know they dont have VINS but the insurance person would not accept my statetment to that fact but did eventually accept the HIN.