Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrading Perfect Pass?

pennery

Does anyone know how difficult it is to upgrade a Perfect Pass Cruise system to Wakeboard Pro?

Do you have PP Cruise or Wakeboard Cruise? If you already have a paddlewheel it is really easy. It is just a matter of swapping the chip in the module.

I started with nothing, then got PP Cruise REALLY cheap on eBay. Last year I upgraded to PP Plus. All I had to do was put a new chip in the Module, and add the display (at the time, I went with the 5" analog tach/PP combo). This year I picked up a paddle wheel thinking that I could just drill a hole, and plug it into the module, but found out I had to buy a whole new module Mad.gif , so if anyone has an extra Digital Pro or Wake Pro Master Module laying around, I could use it (doesn't even need a chip, I already have that).

So I guess the answer is, its easy to do, it just can be costly, depending on what you are starting with.

Edited by jgouveia3

I am not sure what Cruise it is. From the PP site there is only Perfect Pass Cruise. Then Digital pro and Wakeboard pro. My buddy is buying a Centurion (getting a great deal) with PP cruise. He asked the dealer to install PP Wakeboard pro and he quoted him $1300CAD and said he wasn't even charging labour on that. Wakeboard pro is only $1099US and I understand the labour shouldn't be that much. Also the dealer will keep the PP Cruise because he is giving a $300 rebate for it. I think he is charging too much for it and that is why I am wondering if there is an easier/cheaper way just to upgrade the existing PP Cruise.

i would think it would be way cheaper to upgrade at that quote. have him call directly to get the parts prices. have him find put if the paddlewheel is already in there