Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help... On the water for 5 days and 1 pump not pumping

Stevo

They're aerator pumps that can get clogged and jammed easily. If you can get to it, remove the screw holding the "safety" in place on the blue ring then unscrew the blue ring to remove the cartridge. When you remove the cartridge you'll have a direct opening from the pump body to the tank so you're best off to do this on the trailer with the drain plug out since all the water in the MLS will come rushing out. chances are you can put it back together and it will work, but inspect the fins on the cartridge and look for debris in the pump body and outlet hose.

PM or txt me if you're in still in NorCal; I've got two aerator pumps I removed from my bow ballast sitting in a toolbox. Depending on where you are I might be able to meet you to give you a replacement pump to try.

Quick fix.

big ups to @mikeo for the late night text response. 

So it must have been some sort of obstruction,. Pulled the cap off the areator and it spun fine, until it slipped out of my hand and hit the bag an popped the 5a fuse,

put the cap back in place , swapped the fuse and boom. Back in business 

It's  been a rough 1st day of vacation, but hey tomorrow is a day I wake up on the water.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2