Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Post -- New to TMC, but not to boating (or forums)

Swivel

Oh man...2007 (not 08 MUX), Titan 3, awesome colors, power wedge, SS fenders and great wheels...I'd say you hit it out of the park. One of my potential dream boats for the future.

Welcome and congrats!

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome!  You are going to love the boat.  You will also love TMC.  So much knowledge here and a fun place to spend non-boating time.  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone, I learned a lot lurking here before posting because ya know, you can't make your first post without a photo!  Hopefully with 4 1/2 decades of boating (and other) experience, I can give some back.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MalibuNation said:

:welcome:

Ditto on everything others have said.  Where are you located?

Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  I see we have a few members from North of the 49th so that's great.  Guess I should update my location...

Great day on the water today with wife, son, daughter, brother-in-law, niece and nephew.  Just ducked a serious thundertorm, loaded in a crosswind but made it home in one piece.  Always a good result.

And...score!  Picked up a near-pristine 1235 for less than half the price of new tonight, so tomorrow that's going on along with a new swim pad cuz the old one's kinda hacked up.  More pics tomorrow, plus a couple of toys we picked up at the same time as the boat.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, 95echelon said:

I like the wheels on the trailer! We need more pics too :) Welcome to the crew. :welcome:

They're not so pretty up close, fair bit of peeling but they'll do for now.  Maybe I'll have them powder-coated in the future. 

Beautiful boat and welcome!  Not an Illusion tower though but a Titan 3 as previously mentioned.  Enjoy it and post some pics of the interior!  

1 hour ago, DUKENO1 said:

Beautiful boat and welcome!  Not an Illusion tower though but a Titan 3 as previously mentioned.  Enjoy it and post some pics of the interior!  

Right you are about the tower.  So as requested, from the water test on day of purchase.  At the helm is Brad from the boat shop, I'm on the right:

13512237_1713864835520384_44846835185650

She also badly needed a new swim pad...before/during/after shots.  Don't have one of the fully -cleaned platform because after 2 hours of elbow grease, mineral spirits and acetone to get there, I was too tired and pissed off to take one!

20160701_114245_zpsmtukrawk.jpg

20160701_125630_zpsrowd11eg.jpg

IMG_0528_zps4fc72yx2.jpg

Edited by Swivel
Added pics of swim platform
  • Like 2