Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unfamiliar Engine!

Jefferstone

They made two Black Scorpions back then. Not sure if it's the same now.  One that was a 5.7 and one a 6.2.  So nothing out of the ordinary here.

Mike

On 6/26/2016 at 7:23 PM, oldjeep said:

does an lx on a trailer even weigh enough to need brakes?

No, they rusted out on our Echelon about 3 years in (trailer company out of business now). I towed it 600 miles with a mercury villager with zero issues. Those boats weigh nothing.

That does look sweet - It's kinda a done deal for the one in FL, I'm trying to schedule to leave this weekend, plus I need a single axel trailer I think due to more weight for the towing extremes, not that my Ackie couldn't tow it, I don't think it would want to!

Just now, Jefferstone said:

That does look sweet - It's kinda a done deal for the one in FL, I'm trying to schedule to leave this weekend, plus I need a single axel trailer I think due to more weight for the towing extremes, not that my Ackie couldn't tow it, I don't think it would want to!

Tandem is actually nice when you have an undersized tow vehicle.  Take a lot of the hitch bounce out of the ride.  The trade off is the extra 500lbs or so.

Good luck on your trip

Edited by oldjeep

That trailer has to weigh 1250lbs - half as much as the boat.  At least.  Seriously.  My old single axle clocks in at 940lbs, verified via Cat Scale locally.

post-8942-0-97535100-1448301202_thumb.jp

44 minutes ago, footndale said:

Something is strange about that boat.  It's also listed in Orlando and the guy has Orlando phone number (not to mention Orlando area code on the door of the shop behind him).  Also wonder what's up with the upholstery.  The side bolsters look very deformed where the Malibu badges compress them.

Just now, UWSkier said:

Something is strange about that boat.  It's also listed in Orlando and the guy has Orlando phone number (not to mention Orlando area code on the door of the shop behind him).  Also wonder what's up with the upholstery.  The side bolsters look very deformed where the Malibu badges compress them.

That isn't so odd.  My dad has a Florida phone number and a couple cars with WI plates ;)  Phone number is for Midwest custom Motorsports in Orlando

Boat was probably reupholstered at some point

17 hours ago, Jefferstone said:

Congrats on the boat and safe travels.

17 hours ago, oldjeep said:

That isn't so odd.  My dad has a Florida phone number and a couple cars with WI plates ;)  Phone number is for Midwest custom Motorsports in Orlando

Boat was probably reupholstered at some point

Midwest is a great company to deal with too