Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Out with the old, in with the newer

RyanB

Up until buying the Malibu, I towed my sterndrive tandem behind my 5th wheel.  Tried it once with the Malibu, and decided it was too big to comfortably do it.  So, bought a 3rd (actually 4th) vehicle with the idea that either myself or wife would tow the boat, and the other would tow the RV.  Ended up with a 2003 2500 Suburban with the 8.1.  Great tow vehicle, leaves a lot to be desired in creature comforts.

Mrs RyanB decided that she like the size of the Suburban, but not the actual vehicle, so the search was on.  Wanted a 2008 + Escalade ESV or Yukon XL Denali.  Searched for a while, and found a 2011 with 55,000 miles in our price range.

So, now the 2500 is on the auction block, and the 2011 is in the garage.  It isn't quite as stable towing the boat as the 2500, but sure has a lot more creature comforts.  And we still have the 3500 RAM DRW for our trips to Powell.

The old.

D947ED5A-D760-4744-8D1B-634FF539DD14_zps

The new.

172F6CC5-C02F-4A24-B146-739EBD92C4AA_zps

• Like 3

Man your garage is amazing.  I would love to just get the Bu in and all I have is a 21DD wake-setter.  Oh yea nice truck as well, I think the white tow rig will look great with the colors of the Bu. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, lost track of this one.  Thanks for the compliments.  Garage is 24 x 52, which is actually a little small.  New addition to the side should add another about 12' x 30', which will allow me to get everything out of the weather.  1st world problems, but right now it is a bit of a Chinese puzzle getting everything in and out.  Whatever I need is always in the back, and in order to get the Malibu and RV in where I want them, the boat has to be within about 2" of the side wall, and the RV has to have the first tread of my tire on an expansion joint.  New addition will allow me a bit more freedom.