Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Decided on 2006 V-ride

eyed

Biggrin.gif After getting out there and test driving boats, 20 ssv, 22ssv, vride, looking at the 21v, 2002 SAN, 1998 air nautique (great price), moomba lsv, and pricinig out a X1, I decided on the 06 Vride and couldn't be happier.

I do not want to bash the other boats they are all nice. The SAN is a legend it was just older and possibly to steep of a wake for my wife. The X1 was great but priced out with the same options as my vride at almost +10k more. 1998 air was 230 hours, great shape at 20k but it was a DD and not a big improvement over my sn2001 (which I still love). The 22ssv Supra and 20ssv were not even close. Build quality, acceleration out of the hole, ballast fill time, fit and finish did not even come close to the Malibu. I have always admired the Supras via internet pictures of the interior and wake. I conceed that the wakes on the Supras are sick. The only problem with that is that the wake on my 1983 sn2001 was sick and it cost a lot less. The storage on the Supras was very shallow (exception to the 21v) and the build quality just wasn't up to par IMHO.

Anyway, for those deciding what boat they want to get, I really believe you need to go see them in person and definitely drive them. I read post after post comparing vride to 20ssv to 22ssv to x1, to the vride being plain. I completely disagree after seeing them for myself.

How do you convert images to an url? I will post some pics once I get it figured out.

Don

Welcome to the site.

Congrats on your choice. You'll love it. Hang around here and get all the Malibu info from your newfound family. Make sure to list what area you are from. You might be able to hook up with some other members.

Click here for posting picture info. You can also link your picture from another hosting site.

Ronnie

Congrats! I think you'll like it--just bought an '06 V-Ride this year too and love it!!!

Ditto!! You will love it! Make sure to ask your dealer if the seat over your v-drive has the upgraded/correct bracing. Mine would cave in when stepping on the rear corners...I know of at least two other v-Rides with the issue. Other than that and a bad ballast pump, she has been awesome!

Enjoy!

Welcome to the site.

We bought our v-Ride at the boat show here in January and love it! Best value for the price IMHO. We've had almost 100hrs of fun on the boat since Feb. We also considered Supra, but I'm SO glad we went with the v-Ride.

BTW, I'm one of those that had the seat "cave in" issue. The fix was so simple -- all I did was unscrew the little plastic brace attached to the bottom of the seat on the side it was caving in - and moved it out about 1/2 inch. Did this a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems since. It is now very snug.

Enjoy the boat!

Welcome.gif to the MalibuCrew...you will meet some awesome folks here and there are alot of cool forums to get information from.

Enjoy your v-ride!!!

mikea,

Yeah, my broken ribs healed and I decided to by the vride. Sam emailed me the footage of your wakesurf wake, looked great! Real clean. How did you weight it? What speed? I mostly wakeboard but when the water is bad I will try some wakesurfing.

We'll have to get out.

Don

mikea,

Yeah, my broken ribs healed and I decided to by the vride. Sam emailed me the footage of your wakesurf wake, looked great! Real clean. How did you weight it? What speed? I mostly wakeboard but when the water is bad I will try some wakesurfing.

We'll have to get out.

Don

we ride @ 11.4-12.0

stk ballast + 2/3 of a 600lbs. fat sack in the port locker

in the vid we had the wifes fam (6 in boat), that was my first ropeless 360

I don't think it is too bad considering we bought the surf on mem. day and by bastille day we were trying 360's

you should try to meet up for happy hr at CC on fridays

we (bro from kent and sis from westerville) may try to raid you local turf the wknd of the dublin irish fest. then put on a good one (drunk) sat eve.

talk to sam R about LD06

its a good time, keep an eye out for the "mass e-mail" thru sam