Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing Wakeboard Towers

SpringD24

I have a 2001 Malibu Response, bought it a few years ago and it came outfitted with a Roswell Wakeboard Tower.  I did use the tower a bit at first, but now we mainly ski with the boat and don't need the tower.  I also hate the look of the boat with a tower on it.

Wondering if anyone has removed a tower from their boat, do you have any tips?  Most importantly, what do you do about the brackets that are mounted and cut in to the deck?

Thanks
Darryl

Can you remove the tower while leaving the bases mounted to the boat, for possible future re-installation?

If you are dead set on removing the tower, any good fiberglass/gel coat shop should be able to fill the mounting holes and color match the gel.

I don't plan on getting rid of the tower or filling the holes.  I do plan on keeping the boat for a while.... I want to remove the tower because it isn't being used and as mentioned, I just hate the look of it.  

I have a friend that's a machinist, hoping he can make something customized to put in place of the brackets.  Just to make it look clean.  But yes, for future sale of the boat.  I would re-install it.  The boat also has a wedge, so being able to reinstall the tower (if need be) only makes sense

I contacted Roswell yesterday, very helpful and quick to respond.  They sent me the instruction manual for it.  Boat is coming home from the cottage this weekend.  Will make it a driveway project before it goes back in the water