Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft throwdown challenge

footndale

MasterCraft Boats is launching a series of wakeboarding and water skiing events this summer — including an online video competition, traveling demo tour of dealer locations and others — as it seeks to make some waves in the water sports market.

http://www.knoxnews.com/business/mastercraft-is-expanding-its-water-sports-competitions-35b848bf-06e3-6323-e053-0100007fde85-383687191.html

I hear they are offering loaners for the rest of summer if you commit to buying one and take delivery end of summer

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, saxton15 said:

I think they are launching a new model today at 1PM EST according to their Instagram. 

I'll have to wait and see then. I was told I had to keep quiet until July 4th about their new g/m killer. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, asp13 said:

Hmm, intersting idea. I though it would be some big new boat to compete with ASR, G, M

I thought that's what the X20/23/26 was supposed to be but the X23 I demod was underwhelming and I haven't heard just ridiculous good reviews out of the other models either.

Just now, asp13 said:

Hmm, intersting idea. I though it would be some big new boat to compete with ASR, G, M

That's probably what this XT is, 

the X-45 AND THE X-30 are not on the list of boats for this as an option, my guess is those will be the XT-30 or somthing to that effect.

Guess we will have to put the #GAMECHANGER ON HOLD 

Look like a smart move from MC that speaks to their customer base: people with more money than skills. Or I will say with only money and no skills or not looking to improve skills.

1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

The dockstar system is interesting.  Looks like a simple solution to backing up in reverse.  How much do you think two extra rudders will cost you?

Depends.  If you back it up on the trailer like a normal person, just your man-card.  If you have an F150 with that goofy-arse trailer dial system, your male bits as well.

3 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Depends.  If you back it up on the trailer like a normal person, just your man-card.  If you have an F150 with that goofy-arse trailer dial system, your male bits as well.

Dockstar does reek of that stupid dial thing on the new F150.  Man card must be stripped if you can't back your boat in the water.

23 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Dockstar does reek of that stupid dial thing on the new F150.  Man card must be stripped if you can't back your boat in the water.

Um...where do I turn mine in...? Dyslexia and backing anything on a trailer taxes my brain more than any work project...

• Like 2

Well bummer. I have had a sketch of a "front rudder" for a few years - maybe I should have done something with it!

I predict in a few years these are on all major brands - it opens up a bunch of new buyers. 

seems like the same sort of unnecessary option as perfect pass.  people with mad skills don't need, regular people will really like.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Cipro said:

Dyslexia and backing anything on a trailer taxes my brain more than any work project...

Easiest tip I was ever told: When reversing, put one hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. Move that hand the same direction you want the trailer to go using small movements.