Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge reset button

Just a shot in the dark but if you look up your boat in the Resources section above, and look at the manuals, it may give you an idea of what the fault means. I've never seen that fault so not much help for you. It's the weekend and lots of members are out on the lake. You may get more responses later in the day.

I would be willing to bet one of you actuators went bad or the wedge is out of alignment.  You can try replacing the 20A fuse under the dash coming from the lenco control box if it blows the fuse again chance are the actuators need replaced.  It is a common problem you can take to the dealer or call Bakes and order the parts to fix yourself.

On 6/19/2016 at 8:57 AM, Martha said:

What is the Lenco control box?  And how do I know which fuse?

Look up under the dash you will see a small 3" x 3" box that says lenco on it, off of that you will see a red wire with a fuse holder in it that has a 20A fuse.

Thank you!!  I did take the boat out and to the shop for service. They knew what the problem was and they'll fix it up for me. Still under warranty!

appreciate you help!

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Mine is doing the same thing but had to pull fuse to stop actuators from running. Wedge up screen says down. Need to do reset, Anyone have the factory reset prcceedure handy?

Factory Reset.PNG

13 hours ago, jwl019 said:

Factory Reset.PNG

Thanks jwl

I found that today but did not pull the trigger and hit reset yet. I did move the  5 amp fuse in the box under the dash to move the wedge both up and down through full cycle but still reads down even with me manually (using jumper position in box) cycling it all the way down then back up. I have not been able to try to raise it vie the up button, but that may be do to not moving at 2+mph.

Will the reset help with my loss of position on guage. Is reset the same as wedge calibration?

It's not the same as calibrate. I reset mine since the wedge was not reading right after replacing the actuators and it did not help. It did reset all the programmed presets  back to stock, not that I had too many additional ones programmed.

I ended up having to adjust the sensor (small black hockey puck) on the wedge for mine to display correctly.

Just now, dalt1 said:

Thanks again but my 2012 d0esn't have mux switch. I don't recall seeing a calibrate screen?

On the screen where you found the factory reset option, the Wedge Calibrate should be a 5-6 lines down in the options list (at least it is on my '10, my setup screen looks just like what I posted about 6 replys up.

3 hours ago, jwl019 said:

On the screen where you found the factory reset option, the Wedge Calibrate should be a 5-6 lines down in the options list (at least it is on my '10, my setup screen looks just like what I posted about 6 replys up.

I will look again tomorrow.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:27 AM, dalt1 said:

Mine is doing the same thing but had to pull fuse to stop actuators from running. Wedge up screen says down. Need to do reset, Anyone have the factory reset procedure handy?

So after pulling the fuse, I let everything dry out, got good downpour day of incident. In the garage, I put the fuse back in and actuator no longer running, still had warning on screen and screen showed wedge down but it was up. I got in the fuse box and found the 5 amp fuse positions that allow you to manually move wedge up and down by moving fuse to jump position. I lowered wedge by using down button on screen, would not go back up with up button due to boat not moving. Used up jumper position to raise wedge all the way back up. Dash still showed it in down position but no warnings. Shut boat off and turned battery switch to off until I could get back to it another day. A few days later I go back and fire it back up and all is back in sinc. I was going to try to do the re calibration but never found procedure to get that done.

Moral to the story is, don't give up and buy new actuators every time it gets out of whack. This is the second time mine has done this in about 350 hours. The first time was last year and dealer reset it when it was there for something else.