Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

91 no ethanol, or 87 e10

95echelon

Hi all. On my lake the marina is 1.10 over regular prices. But only a mile away from me. They carry 91 octane no ethanol. Or I can go to the gas station and fill which is also very close 87 e10, but I have to pull the boat. I have the non cat monsoon 340. Which would you do?

You "should" do the 91 no ethanol. You can run the 87 in that motor per my dealer without any issues.  If I was planning on owning the boat more than a few years I would probably run 91 just for the non ethanol if it wasn't retarded expensive.

I thought the monsoon called for 87? I don't have the manual though. At 1150 hours I want what's best for the boat. 

High octane is a waste in these marine motors, they simply don't need it.  My 2 cents: run the cheaper gas but USE STABIL for every fill up per the directions (less for normal use, more for winter layup.)

Just buy a few 5 gallon gas containers. I would think that this is much easier than pulling your boat out just to fill the tank up. Or you can splurge on a fancy gas caddy

21 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Hi all. On my lake the marina is 1.10 over regular prices. But only a mile away from me. They carry 91 octane no ethanol. Or I can go to the gas station and fill which is also very close 87 e10, but I have to pull the boat. I have the non cat monsoon 340. Which would you do?

2005 Indmar manual says 89 octane for your engine, so I'd either run the 91 or find some 89.  Ethanol vs non ethanol is irrelevant

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll just start pulling the boat I only go through a tank a weekend so it's not a big deal  .  Both the boat launch  and the gas station are close. hauling 6 5-gallon cans doesn't sound fun  and I had an incident with a rolled jeep and a gas caddy as a kid.  That along with their weight and I am no longer a fan 

MalibuNation

How about splitting the 91 and 87 octane?  What I mean get some gas cans for the 87 gas and when you are near the marina get some 91 octane?  Try to make it 50/50 so you end up with 89 octane.

Every time I go down to the lake I always bring something down there (could be a can of gas) and I usually bring something back ... even if it is bucket of water for the garden.

BTW you are getting a good deal only paying 10% more for marina gas.